Demilition Boat Enhance IMPLEMENTED

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

Demilition Boat Enhance IMPLEMENTED

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Imho, this unit is underused. I almost never see players , and personally use them in large naval battle. This mainly, imho:

1. For a 4 turn unit whose only achievement is to explode itself, Demolition Boat effect (not the damage) is low. To make our 4 turn has more benefits, they should be used against group of units, which is hard to do as usually Demolition Boat fall first.
2. They cannot be built by worker.
3. They are not stealth unit.

May I propose to make them "worth their cost"?

1. Add ability to plant petard, just like Demolition Ship.
2. Lower cost to 3 turn, in consequence of lowering damage.
3. Add buildable by worker, with longer mend than Galley
4. Make them stealth water units - this I believe is too much, but somehow I like the idea, in consequence of lowering damage.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Aral_Yaren

Re: Demilition Boat Enhance

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Not all point, onlly one should be chosen of course :)
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U do know that demolition ship is the upgrade of demolition boat? So just upgrade demolition boat then u can plant petards,

Its useful in this scenario: u r pushing with ur fleet and u made a line of petards behind, wen ur ships r injured u can fall behind petard line and any unsuspecting enemy ship will blow up
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Believe it or not, but I had this post reply opened in browser for over a month.
At least I haven't lost it - All hail good amount of RAM and pc sleep option.

I agree, that it's a little weird that unit is completely useless before upgrade.
As for which action could be taken:
3. Unfortunately it would leave Petardier as still very limited - how to balance that ?
4. How exactly would you hide a ship on open sea? Even taking into account, that it could be "hiding" like

I think it wouldn't be bad to allow upgraded one to place petard too (maybe weakened version), so option 2.
Age of Strategy design leader
Endru1241

Re: Demilition Boat Enhance IMPLEMENTED

Post by Endru1241 »

Demolition boat can also set up floating petards which have 15 power.
Floating petards are upgraded along with To Demolition Ship tech.
Already in dev version.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Others”