Random tc spawner IMPLEMENTED

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
DreJaDe

Random tc spawner IMPLEMENTED

Post by DreJaDe »

As we know, there are what we call "numbered tc" where you can put in map editor to where you want the player to spawn... Though... Theres a problem.

They are not really randomized like placing the first "2" tc will make the that spawn the first player spawn... Always. Can it be randomized? Or can there be an option to randomize it?
b2198

Re: Random tc spawner

Post by b2198 »

Already sorted out with the new generation, which I'll finish... someday... I hope...
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Random tc spawner IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i made it as it was already requested many times.

now
<=4 player case: random among 2 and 4 player spawners.
>4 player case: random among 2 and 4 and 6 player spawners.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:06 am i made it as it was already requested many times.

now
<=4 player case: random among 2 and 4 player spawners.
>4 player case: random among 2 and 4 and 6 player spawners.
Real nice... Is it like in game already or is this new?

Does this also mean we can now set up just for 4 player and not have to think too hard where to put the extra 2?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Real nice... Is it like in game already or is this new?
in my version, which dev version i sould update with it to test?
Does this also mean we can now set up just for 4 player and not have to think too hard where to put the extra 2?
wait what? why? nothing changed about that, the 5 and 6 player tc always required (as games can be launched in 6 player mode)
now i only made the tc places being randomly selected by players (when i assign players to spawners).
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:57 am wait what? why? nothing changed about that, the 5 and 6 player tc always required (as games can be launched in 6 player mode)
now i only made the tc places being randomly selected by players (when i assign players to spawners).
Okay then. But it would be really awesome to have an option only for 2 or 4 player as having to balance the map for 2-4-6 players everytime makes it really hard and limited.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, but that is a different thing being able to set on each map the maximal (or even the minimal too) number of players allowed.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:08 am ok, but that is a different thing being able to set on each map the maximal (or even the minimal too) number of players allowed.
Yes

But its close.
Being able to limit the maximum players possible will allow us to balance maps even better for 2-4 players without needing to mind the 5-6th who are always needed to put at a disadvantage anyway as they are always squeezed in the middle.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok but please mention it in a new topic as this one was only about the randomness. (and i have already closed that)

Return to “Others”