Units in walls

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Zolaes

Units in walls

Post by Zolaes »

I saw some pictures, movies and videos about medieval things, like archers atop of walls but in this game archers can only go behind walls plus hangonners, musketeers and those gunpowder ashigarus cab shoot through walls. So maybe we can walls like tower just walls can't attack enemies unless there are units inside.
I am Offizier and I don't pay taxes
b2198

Re: Units in walls

Post by b2198 »

The issue with that is that your units would be able to freely move through walls, since there's no way currently that I know of for making them only enter-able or exit-able from one side. The idea is great though, just can't see how that could work currently. Maybe with some new spec in the future it might become possible.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Zolaes

Post by Zolaes »

b2198 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:35 am The issue with that is that your units would be able to freely move through walls, since there's no way currently that I know of for making them only enter-able or exit-able from one side. The idea is great though, just can't see how that could work currently. Maybe with some new spec in the future it might become possible.
yeah you're right
I am Offizier and I don't pay taxes
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well, there is currently a possiblity for making the walls not passable by neither units not projectiles (even abilities) even if they are in range. (Eg: cave walls from AoF)
But the reason it is not used for walls is that, it cannot be applied to walls to restrict only certain projectiles but, it will block everything( projectiles, abilities, and movement).
Eg: Logically speaking, archers can do a curve shot or descending shot over walls so we could consider arrows passing through(*over) walls but shots fired by gun wouldn't. So, if we consider making the walls not passable by projectiles, it will not only block bullet shots but arrows too.
So this possibility is not practical enough here unless it is made to block attacks from specific units.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How does it work? Does it apply aura to adjacent units that projectiles cant target them or something?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It uses spec unit action:

Code: Select all

IS_INFINITE_TALL,             // (use only with DEV approval!) units that should not be shot over, "spell" over, fly over - so anything behind is protected (like a wall in a room) 
http://ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php? ... 147#p93613
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

dont forget this part: "(use only with DEV approval!)"

Return to “Others”