What happened to tournaments

Shark guy 35

What happened to tournaments

Post by Shark guy 35 »

There haven't been any tournaments for 2 years! What happened?
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
makazuwr32

Re: What happened to tournaments

Post by makazuwr32 »

If in short — time.
Because it is tournament each match is far more difficult than usual — both sides require to plan their moves much more carefully.

Also another problem is that it is world wide and difference between players' time can be 10-12 hours (so when one person is active another one is sleeping).

And last problem is that each match can last months and during this period balance can be too drasically changed (for example like that planned stats upscale).

At least that what i have noticed.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think simply players get "lost" in mission and so the tournament games gets stuck... (sure the long match lengths counts in this)
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

We should add in a built in tournament in game if possible like theirs players that'll join the tournaments. And itll have a 2 weeks of registry then after that each tournament would have 20+ players facing each other in a elimination tournament or until how many we can get. Then who ever wins would be part of the next tournament which would be the finals. Until there would be a Grand winner. But to make it more easier i think the tournaments would work like this the total amount of players would be divided into 8 so each of that would be a tournament itself. Then after all of the 8 tournaments have a winner. They would face each other in the grand finals so all 8 players would fight at 1v1's same as the first tournaments. Until we reach the last 1v1 then babam we the winner gets the first tournament winner crown( one and only) and he gets a prize money of 500 gems or Iwas thinking of adding something like players would need to deposit 5 gems when joining the tournament and the winner would get all of the total gems collected
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i would not implement anything (consuming 3-4 days of coding time) that seems to not work via forum on the first place...
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Maybe adding CLOSED or CANCELED at tournaments?
People might be confused about it. Also for the sws and red alert strategy.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Inbreak

Post by Inbreak »

:idea: Maybe tournamnets should be held on a small maps, only 10x10 or 15x15. With overall time for the game for about an hour or two max. Like blitz chess but blitz AoS. We just need something to control overall timer. Maybe it can be done through the other platform with timer so players after making their turn will go to that platform and click on that timer (something like this: https://www.online-stopwatch.com/chess-clock/ ). In that case a referee is also needed i suppose. So who would like to waste 1-2 hours of his life waiting other players doing the fun stuff? But if this will go crazy AoS can become a cybersport :D
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

If we really wanted blitz matches we would need 30 min timers to enforce it. It would be enough time for a turn and could be finished within a day in a 1v110x10.
OLÉ
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

So... I aint played in one of tournaments... Have i a chance to play tournament...?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Nobody is excluded if they want to join or start a tournament.
OLÉ
Inbreak

Post by Inbreak »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:35 pm If we really wanted blitz matches we would need 30 min timers to enforce it. It would be enough time for a turn and could be finished within a day in a 1v110x10.
I mean that in-game limits of 30 minutes are not enough. Because decision making even on small map can take more than 5 minutes (that's my case). And with game continuing it might not be possible to finish it within several hours. Some of us are busy man with work, family, other interesting occupation. So there are 3 ways as i see. Blitz with clock for each player as in chess or just usual mp play with a lot of waiting for your next opponent in the tournament. OR championship thing there its possible to play against other opponents simultaneously without waiting for other game to start after finishing one.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.

Return to “Introduction”