What music did you listen?

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.
Maxbirykov2004

What music did you listen?

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Personally i listen progressive rock music (mostly instrumental), and groups, pink floyd, alan parsons project with other less popular groups
phoenixffyrnig

Re: What music did you listen?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Cool, who do you like from the prog side of things? I too love Floyd, The Wall is one of my favourite movies ever. Also into Velvet Underground, big time!

Do you know Krautrock, the experimental music scene of 60s and 70s Germanies, Tangerine Dream, Faust, Amon Duul and Neu are my favourites there.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I am currently liking Rise, Warriors, Payphone, 21 guns and Centuries.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:35 pm Cool, who do you like from the prog side of things? I too love Floyd, The Wall is one of my favourite movies ever. Also into Velvet Underground, big time!

Do you know Krautrock, the experimental music scene of 60s and 70s Germanies, Tangerine Dream, Faust, Amon Duul and Neu are my favourites there.
Well... I think our interests aren't same, becouse i don't like wall album, my finest alboms are division bell, momentary lapse of reason and endless river (and i pretty like their 1970s albums...)

But i listen most of music here
http://vkontakte.ru/club8734396
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:46 pm
....my finest alboms are division bell...
Lost for Words is one of my favourite tracks ever by Floyd. Partly it's a great track, and partly the message in the words is one I need to keep in mind for my life.

I actually don't have many Pink Floyd albums, just The Wall, Dark Side, Div and WYWH. Well, actually, I don't have any albums atm - my Dad is looking after my music and sound system in my homeland for the last 6 years. Ive been away from it for so long I've actually forgotten some of the bands and albums I love.

Have you heard of Roy Harper? He's like a folky/acoustic version of Pink Floyd
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:11 pm
Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:46 pm
....my finest alboms are division bell...
Lost for Words is one of my favourite tracks ever by Floyd. Partly it's a great track, and partly the message in the words is one I need to keep in mind for my life.

I actually don't have many Pink Floyd albums, just The Wall, Dark Side, Div and WYWH. Well, actually, I don't have any albums atm - my Dad is looking after my music and sound system in my homeland for the last 6 years. Ive been away from it for so long I've actually forgotten some of the bands and albums I love.

Have you heard of Roy Harper? He's like a folky/acoustic version of Pink Floyd
Ok, thanks, Roy harper? Okay, but where did you leave, becouse i download my music using Enternet (but only full albums or single compositions, and then i sort all into album folders...)
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Ah, I'm old fashioned. Im on CDs. Well over 1000 of them, can't travel around with all that! I've got a good sound system (nearly £1000, roughly €1000) and the difference in quality between disc and download is remarkable on good equipment. My Dad has vinyl, and that's even better again for sound.

Now my life is on the road I have to satisfy myself with my guitar :)

Yes, Same Old Rock, Hallucinating Light, and One of Those Days in England (parts 2-9) are some of Roy's finest imho
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:28 pm Ah, I'm old fashioned. Im on CDs. Well over 1000 of them, can't travel around with all that! I've got a good sound system (nearly £1000, roughly €1000) and the difference in quality between disc and download is remarkable on good equipment. My Dad has vinyl, and that's even better again for sound.

Now my life is on the road I have to satisfy myself with my guitar :)

Yes, Same Old Rock, Hallucinating Light, and One of Those Days in England (parts 2-9) are some of Roy's finest imho
Hmm 🤔
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Maxbirykov2004 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:58 pm
Hmm 🤔
Is this you humming a song and I've got to guess what it is? :lol: erm, sounds like Medicine Man by Barclay James Harvest to me :D
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I'll just list the bands and artists I like here:
Forgive Durden
Tallyhall
Thank You Scientist
Jack Stauber
Will Wood and The Tape Worms
Bear Ghost
Nelward
Saint Motel
Worthikids
Neil Cicierega (aka Lemon Demon)
Elton John

Instrumentals:
Gooseworx
Tchaikovsky
Franz Liszt
Johny Atma (Gametal, does covers exclusively)
Ravancloak (former forumer)
PilotRedSun
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
Inbreak

Post by Inbreak »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:35 pm Cool, who do you like from the prog side of things? I too love Floyd, The Wall is one of my favourite movies ever. Also into Velvet Underground, big time!

You're killing this. What about Ash Ra Temple also? Paris Downers totally melting.
Not in prog rock that much but appreciate Floyd. There's a handful of crazy diamonds in almost every album.

Will be glad to become acquainted with your favorite compositions from progressive side of rock, Maxbirykov and phoenix.

From my side can offer you Khruangbin - our contemporarys with good music.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Inbreak wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:52 am

You're killing this. What about Ash Ra Temple also? Paris Downers totally melting.
Not in prog rock that much but appreciate Floyd. There's a handful of crazy diamonds in almost every album.

Will be glad to become acquainted with your favorite compositions from progressive side of rock, Maxbirykov and phoenix.

From my side can offer you Khruangbin - our contemporarys with good music.
Okay than, thaks
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

As an American I am morally obligated to listen to country music, however I grew up listening to 70s and 80s classic rock, as that is what my parents liked. As I became older I began to like music in video games, particularly from Halo, Star wars, Sonic the hedgehog and, more recently, Doom. For some reason I also like a few rap songs as well. Lastly, I like some certain songs from the late 90s, 2000s and early 2010s.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I can't believe I really forgot to name Elton John on my list. :roll:
My favorite of his art being "Goodbye The Yellow Brick Road." The melancholy melodies are mesmerizing.
OLÉ
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Oh I just saw this now. Can i join the disc?
To say honestly i am not that much related to late music , especially the music prevailing in the countries foreign to my country (India) as they aren't popular in our regions.

Well i am passionate lover of music international. I love some of the late tracks i heard like bob Marley's , Ricky Martin's, Bob Dylan's, Michael Jackson's, Elvis Presley's, etc.

Well i like the present than the past, my current favorite is perfect by Ed Sheeran along with few other songs by him. I also like shawn, miley, Taylor's , Bruno's, Drakes , Camilla's Havana, justin's, Ariana's, Katy's, Luis Fonsi's , Bad bunny's etc.

And to say honestly, I'm a Great Fan Of Pentatonix a capella collection.

And would you like to have a try on Indian classics and rap musics. We got a ton and if you love music than lyrics, it would make you feel satisfied.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Prog rock
Funk jazz or cosmic jazz
Chants or generally any music produced by the catholic church
~Gral.Sturnn
Vordus

Post by Vordus »

death metal, thrash and black metal

Haiduk - Wraithavoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFGVlm-yk2s
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Oof
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Probably i also should post my list of bands and artists i like:

Foreign bands and artists:
Scorpions
Queen
Beatles
Joe Dassin
Era
Rhapsody
The mamas and papas

Russian bands and artists:
Машина времени (Time machine)
Воскресение (probably best variant to translate it will be "Sunday/Ressurection")
ЛЮБЭ (Lyube)
Денис Майданов (Denis Maidanov)
Высоцкий (Visotskiy)
Цветы (Flowers)
Високосный год (Leap Year)
Кино/Виктор Цой (Movie/Victor Tcoi)
Различная советская музыка (Various soviet music)

Non-voice music:
Francis Goya
Maria Luisa Anido
Francisco Tarrega
Fernando Sor
Pepe Romero
Andres Segovia

Various music and soundtracks from games (including remixes):
Metroid series (i have a collection of more than 400 remixes related to these series)
Red alert 3
Warcraft 2 and 3
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Not even the OFF Topics are safe from my text walls >:D

My music liking is a bit weird, in that I prefer to listen to instrumental music most of the time (mostly from games), but here it goes:

Composers I like - game soundtracks (or other places) I've heard their music in:
ZUN - Touhou series
Toby Fox - Undertale and Deltarune
Arata Iiyoshi - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky
Chris Christodoulou - Risk of Rain 1 and 2
Waterflame - Age of War, Castle Crashers, and a bunch of other musics he made
Pascal Michael Stiefel - A Hat in Time
Ben Prunty - FTL: Faster Than Light
Laura Shigihara - Plants vs Zombies
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search) - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 2) - Pokemon Ranger 2: Explorers of Almia
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 3) - Advance Wars: Dual Strike
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 4) - Ace Combat 4 and 6
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 5) - Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 6) - Age of Empires 2
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 7) - Bomberman 3 and 4
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 8) - Donkey Kong Country 2
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 9) - Dungeon Defenders
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 10) - Earthbound
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 11) - Endless Space
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 12, this one I think some if not all of the songs were free to use ones, but not sure) - Ib
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 13, this one same thing as above /\) - Mad Father and Misao
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 14, this one same thig as above /\) - The Desolate Hope
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 15) - League of Legends (Bit Rush, Bit Rush Arcade Ahri and Lillia Theme)
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 16) - Lufia and The Fortress of Doom
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 17) - Super Mario 64
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 18) - Mario Galaxy
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 19) - Mario Kart DS and Wii
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 20) - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 21) - Mario Party DS
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 22) - Super Mario RPG
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 23) - Megaman X
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 24) - Megaman ZX
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 25) - Megaman ZX Advent
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 26) - Space Engineers
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 27) - Spore Creatures DS
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 28) - Steins;Gate (the VN)
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 29) - Terraria
(idk who the composer is and too lazy to search 30) - One Piece Soundtrack
(idk who the composer was and too lazy to search 31) - Naruto Soundtrack

Anime/VN vocal musics:
Akame Ga Kill - openings 1 and 2
Angel Beats - opening
Ano Hana - opening and ending
Ansatsu Kyoshitsu - all 4 openings
Chaos;Head (the anime) - opening (though the anime is horrible, fight me)
Charlotte - opening
Code Geass - openings 1 and R2 1 and endings 1, 2 and R2 2 (best anime I've ever watched, fight me)
Cowboy Bebop - opening and ending (though the anime is boring, fight me)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - opening (though... fight me, I didn't like it at all)
Fate (the anime) - SN openings 1 and 2, UBW openings 1 and 2 and Zero openings 1 and 2 and ending 1
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - openings 1, 2 and 5 and ending 1
Haikyuu! - openings 1, 3, 4 and 5 (haven't watched 4th season yet, don't kill me)
Hataraku Saibou - opening
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (the anime) - openings 1 and 2 and ending 2 (though the second half of Kai was trash, fight me)
Hunter x Hunter - opening 1 (all openings are the same music, just alternating different parts of it, but I prefer the first one)
Initial D - Deja Vu (haven't even watched it, but DEJA VU, I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE)
Juuni Taisen - opening
Kaguya-sama: Love is War - openings 1 and 2
Kobayashi-san Chi No Maid Dragon - opening
Konosuba - openings 1 and 2
Mob Psycho 100 - openings 1 and 2
Nichijou - opening
Noragami - opening 1 (haven't watched second season yet, don't kill me)
One Piece - ...openings 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19 and 22 (Haven't watched past those yet, don't kill me) (also the anime drags out way too much, so reading the manga is better unless you are watching for the soundtrack, openings, and some great scenes here and there that are better when animated)
Shinsekai Yori - endings 1 and 3
Soul Eater - opening 1 (second opening is bad, fight me, also, one of if not the worst finale I've watched in an anime)
Steins;Gate (the anime) - opening and 0 opening
Steings;Gate (the VN) - opening, bad end and true end (haven't played the 0 VN yet)
Sword Art Online (wait, don't kill me yet, I have a modified copypasta for you) - openings 1, 2, 3, 4, ending 1, GGO opening, GGO ending, Alicization openings 1 and 2 and Unlasting
(Now hold on, I know what you're thinking, "a bad SAO is a bad SAO, you can't say it's only half bad", well, TJ "someone who had enough time and patience to read up until now" Yoshi, hear me out. A bad SAO actually has 8 parts to it. SAO 1 part 1, which is ok, SAO 1 part 2, which is trash, SAO 2 part 1, which is good, SAO 2 part 2 (the excalibur mini-arc), which is ok, SAO 2 part 3, which is good, SAO Alternative: GGO, which is good, SAO Alicization part 1, which is great, and SAO Alicization part 2, which is bad. And together, this forms one bad SAO run. Now, usually, it's the SAO 1 part 1 that's useful. Because that's the starting part. However, sometimes it's sufficient to just use the SAO Alternative: GGO, which allows SAO to not be bad. And as for the SAO 1 part 2, well, there's currently no cases where that's useful or important, so don't worry about that part. Now, if we map out the required SAO parts for a bad SAO run, it would look like this. We merely need to watch SAO 1 part 1 to reach the 2nd temp, we need to watch SAO 2 parts 1 and 3 to finish it, and we need to watch SAO Alicization part 1 and the last few episodes of part 2 to get to the end. So, how many SAO watches is that total? Well, it appears to be five, and if we were doing this SAO run in isolation, then yeah, it would be five. But, in a full bad SAO run, there are other SAO watches that occur earlier in the run, such as having watched the bad parts beforehand. So, if we take those SAO watches into consideration as well, then how many SAO watches would it take? The naive answer would be five. One to watch SAO 1 and four more to finish 2 and Alicization. However, we can do better. We can actually do it in three by simply remembering the previous watch of SAO 1 and Alicization part 2 to be used for the bad SAO run. Because the half bad SAO run only required SAO to be watched, not actually rewatched. So in this fashion, SAO 2 and Alicization only adds on an additional three SAO watches to the run since the SAO 1 and Alicization part 2 just leech off of a previous watch. So, to capture this phenomenon, we call it 3 and a half bad SAO watches. On a single SAO run basis, you'd round that up to four. But in a full bad SAO run, you'd round it down to three. So, in conclusion, since that SAO 1 and Alicization part 2 watch counts in some context but adds no additional SAO watches in other contexts, we refer to it as a half bad SAO watch.)

Other vocal musics:
Some of League of Legends Worlds' songs: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 (haven't heard the others)
Borderlands 2 - Short Change Hero
Portal 1 and 2 ending songs
Warcraft 3 - I am a Murloc and Power of the Horde
A bunch of parody songs from Instalok
Idk if Acapellas count as vocal, but anyway: a bunch of acapellas by Smooth McGroove

(And a lot of others that are either too randomly selected to list them all, or might or might not have been intentionally or unintentionally left out... or I might have just forgotten to add)

(Also, yeah, I might have a problem with these walls of text :joy:)

TL;DR just read the first 8 lines of the first list and call it a day (in other words, starting from "ZUN - Touhou series")
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I wonder if i need to make a full list of my collection somewhere... At least for myself. Right now it is such a mess — everything is in one folder.

100+ Gbytes of music (i think it is closer to 150)...
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Oof
Vordus

Post by Vordus »

A track from the latest Haiduk album - Diabolica [2021]

Morph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNQ1-hyWLxo