Pedogenesis

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.
Maxbirykov2004

Pedogenesis

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Economical and physical geography... I need some advenced help with geography... Thanks for attention
Last edited by Maxbirykov2004 on Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixffyrnig

Re: Is here someone, who's profession is referred with geography?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I got kicked out of university while attempting Environmental Science and Countryside Management degrees....that's your best offer so far! :lol:

What is it you need?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:10 pm I got kicked out of university while attempting Environmental Science and Countryside Management degrees....that's your best offer so far! :lol:

What is it you need?
Wow thats great, that means that you know most part of physical geography (soils, natural areas, ecology, climate) and a part of ecomical geography (crop production)
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I know slightly about soils (you can normally find it underground), and I have been a gardener and environmental worker, and I have lived in temperate, Mediterranean and sub-tropical climates. Is that enough qualifications? 8-)
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:28 pm I know slightly about soils (you can normally find it underground), and I have been a gardener and environmental worker, and I have lived in temperate, Mediterranean and sub-tropical climates. Is that enough qualifications? 8-)
Yes, so... Lets talk about soils, i dont really understand them.
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

As i know soils are divided to sand (ly, let water and pretty everething through them) and clay (delay water,( filter water with all things in it))... Pure sand soils are bad (they consist nothing), but also pure clay soils are also bad (because they consists everething (with bad things)... And best soil that has 50% of sand and 50% of clay... And soil fertility is ranked by condition of its Gumus (?Organical gumus?) and condition of salt, and Ph conditions (acid or alkali)...
The best soil is Chernozem (Чернозём), i has big consistency of gumus (because it is sitated at steppe, were growing only grass, it every winter it dies and rot), also good are red ferralit soils (in Equatorial, because it have Fe and good climate and... ?something other?), and also good soil is amm yellow soil from china (?near River ianczu?) (That also has ?something?)
And fertility is dependet on several factors (flora, fauna, humidity, temperature and ?others?)... For example brown forest soil (west europe where you can find Broadleaf trees) is more fertilityzered then podzolist soil (in east europe and taiga where you can find pine and other sprues)... ?(but other examples)?
Plus there is a problem of erosion (and sahel) where by anthropologycal (human) or climate factors soil losts its fertility (uncontrolled fertilizers, bad cultural animal control, swamp drainage, uncontrolled cultural floral activities...) i know this problem pretty good because once i did lecture on it.
And my problems, i dont really understand soil slices, and soil lays, dont know all kinds soils, and i have some fact problems (all that here i crossed with ?????), plus i dont really understand mechanics of their creation (fragmental, voolcanic and ?other?), @phoenixffyrnig, could you at least read this shit for what i waisted 30 minutes of my life, and tell me all inaccuraties that i had here, and could you tell about soil slices and mechanics of their creation and other facts...
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

.....errr.....that's a lot of soil! You don't need all this soil tonight do you?

Ok, from the start, basic soil types. As you say, sand - big soil grains that don't hold water so not much plant growth, and clay - tiny soil grains that are too tightly packed, hold too much water (what that means is there is more water in the soil than the plant roots so osmosis doesn't work). The happy middle ground is called loam - a mix of big and little soil grains so there is always water and always air in the soil so the soil can live.

"Good" or "bad" soil is relative though, some plants are adapted to grow on dry, salty conditions, some such as mosses like the permanently wet conditions of clay. It depends what you want from it.

As for fertility, close, it's actually humus. This is the dead organic matter broken down and mixed around by bacteria, worms, fungi and all sorts (soil is actually a pretty busy place). That's pretty much the most important factor of soil fertility - how much is living in it and how much is dying in it. For most plants and animals, pH wants to be fairly neutral, and most don't like salt in any quantity (those that do are called halophytes).

Yes, iron soils are very fertile, volcanoes give ferrous soils and plenty of gowth. Not sure about the yellow soil you mention. Im also really drunk...can we carry on tomorrow? I don't know what soil slices are, but I can say a little bit about creation and layers.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:59 pm Not sure about the yellow soil you mention.
Alluvial soil, high humus content, moist soil, most suitable for cultivation of medium plants, but pretty loose for trees to grip on.
phoenixffyrnig wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:59 pm The happy middle ground is called loam - a mix of big and little soil grains so there is always water and always air in the soil so the soil can live.
I heard foam layer , as a soap foam, it contains an average amount of minerals, mainly from decayed matter, intermixed by the rough larger grain of soil,as air in soap foam. It has pretty bad water captivity than top soil, but better than clay.

My field is planetary, so i got a basic idea of the hell-o planet base often called soil. When compared to other planet, earth soil is much complex, been through several life cycles and chemistry.
Soil is basically 3 layer - top soil,clay bed, rock soil.
Top soil, degradation of rock in the near thousand of years.
Clay is not surely soil but accumulation of minerals from degradation of boulders or river rock when been in contact with water or moisture.Clay is porous and should have been water captive but the high density metal salts among contained minerals and the bond network charges repel water from oozing in.
Between top soil and clay, there exist several layers of soil type that you might be referring as soil slicing. This ofcourse is only found in Earth, is a complex mixture of soil due to environmental conditions mentioned above. It naturally distributed evenly over the land ,but later been concentrated at different part of land. Red soil( Fe) blue soil( rare Cu) content, tree soil(wood dust rusting soil), black soil (volcanic) , alluvial soil (high humur content with moist), flake soil ( top soil mixed with clay due to below pressure and got dried up) etc.
Rock soil, large rock granules, found above the base called bedrock largely extended almost to the surface of earth.
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

When ref in your native land, Russia
Apart from these basic soil forms, a high content of peat soil( peat is the fossil of peat moss, a lower grade of plants ) and Gley-podzolic soil, a podzol derivated soil type.Chernozem ("black earth") is generally found in Ukraine and Kazakhstan borders and is the most fertile area i the whole Russia as far as i know. Since the frozen environment of Russia, the largest land mass of earth, only 10% of soil is suitable for any cultivation.

If you need something more specific, let me know whether i can help you or you would say what your intentions on research.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:11 am When ref in your native land, Russia
Apart from these basic soil forms, a high content of peat soil( peat is the fossil of peat moss, a lower grade of plants ) and Gley-podzolic soil, a podzol derivated soil type.Chernozem ("black earth") is generally found in Ukraine and Kazakhstan borders and is the most fertile area i the whole Russia as far as i know. Since the frozen environment of Russia, the largest land mass of earth, only 10% of soil is suitable for any cultivation.

If you need something more specific, let me know whether i can help you or you would say what your intentions on research.
Okay, but i live some westerner, in Belarus, and here you can find Sod podzolic soil (because they situated in mixed forests zone and spruce zone) , and peat bogs soil (mostly at south and north, where you can find swamps). Sod podzolic soil is normal for cultivation (but not doesn't good),
and peat bogs soil is good (but firstly you need miliorate swamp, and after some time this soil will start to erose (and now thanks mass milioration in Ussr times we have some climate problems(i did lecture about this theme ones)))...
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

And now i have another idea for program... But Most likely it will be shelved... Program anout creation of soil in several factors, by several ways... But if it doesn't exists now, it crazy to create...
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

A simulation app
A descriptive app
Or an app which points to a bunch of articles. I didn't get you actually.

Or is it a program to synthesis soil from rocks using any sort of mechanical or robotic culture? If so it is crazy stupid.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:25 pm A simulation app
A descriptive app
Or an app which points to a bunch of articles. I didn't get you actually.

Or is it a program to synthesis soil from rocks using any sort of mechanical or robotic culture? If so it is crazy stupid.
Simulation app...
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Then bring it out from shelf . Simulation apps are pretty simple to make. It restrict the users freedom to propagate ingame by many ways. All it need is a clear cut boundary of programming, better crystalized ideas of concept, and a programm in which the app rule the users pathways and possibilities. Btw it also need an attractive graphics part.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:33 pm Then bring it out from shelf . Simulation apps are pretty simple to make. It restrict the users freedom to propagate ingame by many ways. All it need is a clear cut boundary of programming, better crystalized ideas of concept, and a programm in which the app rule the users pathways and possibilities. Btw it also need an attractive graphics part.
But it should be SCIENCE programm, and here should be some researches... But, it much easier to make it, then something extraordinar (where result is unknown)...
So... the idea of programm will be creation of soil profile?

(So lets shelf my progect)
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

My current topic research may help you.
https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen ... es-on-Mars
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Okay, thanks
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Well... Programm that simulate pedogenesis is pretty understandable... (only 5 connected each other factors, 2 active, 3 passive)... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 7674828352
But it will be SCIENCE or at least science popular program...
But at least i know results (everyone walks on the soil)...
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Well... I finally have a Pc...
So... I finally can start to program things... But right now i haven't any skills and tools and knowledge...

Return to “OFF Topics”