Favorite thing about these strategy games?

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.
Yeetbruh

Favorite thing about these strategy games?

Post by Yeetbruh »

I am curious as to what people think is their favourite part of the age of strategy, age of world wars, etc, games.mine is the community is awesome
insert quote here
makazuwr32

Re: Favorite thing about these strategy games?

Post by makazuwr32 »

Age of fantasy — only our sanity and balancing reasons are the limits for our fantasy in making new units.
Endless (literally) possibilities for new content.

Ao games in general:
1. Good quality of the turn based game. It is not perfect but for android turn based game on one hand it is somewhat easy to understand but on other hand it has suprisingly deep mechanics.
2. Separately — no other recource apart from workers and turns. You do not need to think about any recources (stone, wood, gems, coal, gold, metals, food, etc, etc...) and can concentrate on actual planning. Planning tactic, planning whom to train, planning your base.
3. Town centers. That i must admit was actually somewhat shocking idea. I love concept of town centers in ao games — capturable choke points from which total possible amounts of factories and megas is depending.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Big beautiful armies, lines of defense, the ability to control each fighter separately, an uncomplicated influx of the army, construction and most importantly, all this does not have a frenzied senseless race of numbers for the stupid and not driven into small limits from 20 wars to 20 with fictional hardcore, for a small but arrogant category of hardcore fans.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

For me in aow

1. Scale
Aof felt small even with 50x50
Aos felt somewhat decently big.

It might be due to the range of units. Although I was a bit adamant at first in AOW range, it grows to me and even made the game feel really big which adds to the immersion that a war is happening on a much bigger scale.

a. An example is the siege units where aoww only have 3-5 range. There's no staring from other side of the map as you literally have a small range.

2. Defense is not as static.
AOS and AOF feel like WW1 most of the time, it has it's own perks and I somewhat like it and somewhat do not. In AOWW, it can be static but it's different and harder. Defense and siege units have the same cost and I really like the mechanic where you can just storm an undefended position and take their defenses. (Static defense in aoww is occupiable)

3. Fast pace

For AOWW, I like the fast paced theme. Defenses for both AOS and F is somewhat static while in aoww, it can be static but it's hard to do it. It's more back and forth but almost no staring at each other from half the map away.

4. No builder supremacy

This is what I like the most for aoww, you can build a lot of workers but they are not OP and would never be able to do a tower-off. Basically turning it into tower defense game.

5. Immersion

Might be unpopular opinion but out of all AO, AOWW felt the most immersive. The maps feels massive, the game feels ww2 while others feel ww1 with medieval and fantasy in it, the battles feels like battles and not random skirmish. Every units feels like a big army like aos unlike aof which feels like a single one.

You can try but expect to lose.

Don't get me wrong. I like the three. Just highlighting aoww.
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

My favorite part is probably the mapeditor, there's just something about having a sandbox where I can do whatever I want that's so satisfying.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton

Return to “OFF Topics”