Ao-SGWF Chat

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.
Aral_Yaren

Ao-SGWF Chat

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I want to know, if I might, how AoS, AoF, AoW and AoG see their respective global chat about non-English speaker's chats.

It is stated by Stratego that AoSGWF global chat is to use English, not because he discriminates other language (meh, he himself is not an English), but due to the fact that many people can communicate using this medium (I'm too not an English, yet I can communicate to you this way)

I believe that you allow non-English chat due to respect - so let's not thrash our valuable times and energies by quoting further "discrimination, injustice, right and so forth".

Yet how do AoSGWF see when global chat fully loaded by non-English chat, from fellowship cordiality to spamboi chat? And how you (esp. chat moderator) handle it in your respective house?
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Maxbirykov2004

Re: Ao-SGWF Chat

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 pm I want to know, if I might, how AoS, AoF, AoW and AoG see their respective global chat about non-English speaker's chats.

It is stated by Stratego that AoSGWF global chat is to use English, not because he discriminates other language (meh, he himself is not an English), but due to the fact that many people can communicate using this medium (I'm too not an English, yet I can communicate to you this way)

I believe that you allow non-English chat due to respect - so let's not thrash our valuable times and energies by quoting further "discrimination, injustice, right and so forth".

Yet how do AoSGWF see when global chat fully loaded by non-English chat, from fellowship cordiality to spamboi chat? And how you (esp. chat moderator) handle it in your respective house?
At Ao games there isn't too many players... And 1 chat, with English language is enough...
But anyway i support you, i guess that at Ao games should be Russian chat...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Different chats for different languages — i am against it actually.
Since due to single chat people from completely different countries can talk with each other. This way we can communicate with each other, learn from discussion and it just gives much more players with whom you can play.

Thus i am against different chats.
Also, just in case, i am Russian, from Moscow.
Max, ponimyaesh, o chyom ya?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Maxbirykov2004

Post by Maxbirykov2004 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:44 pm Different chats for different languages — i am against it actually.
Since due to single chat people from completely different countries can talk with each other. This way we can communicate with each other, learn from discussion and it just gives much more players with whom you can play.

Thus i am against different chats.
Also, just in case, i am Russian, from Moscow.
Max, ponimyaesh, o chyom ya?
Да... Конечно
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Actually, I want to know how each House (in AoS, AoW, AoF, and AoG) is gonna do when non-English chats flood your global chats.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I do not touch those messages usually unless other say that they are bad.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 pm I do not touch those messages usually unless other say that they are bad.
That is my attitude also.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Me too, i just ignore them and look for english messages
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Been several times suggesting a in chat translator or at least selective texts. This could actually help between the language disorder.

For offensive texts, usually in a foreign language to chat moderators, a report could be abled.
godOfKings wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:08 am Me too, i just ignore them and look for english messages
Same here as far. But, I often think about ℹ⚠️🚫 how much offensive it went. Because, when a new player gets in the chats, and he knows the language being offensive, he will surely get a bad impression over the community. So, if i had to, i surely note them in the chat itself for letting the mods know. Atleast i am not one 😉
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Encouraging non-English speaking players to note CM when there were bad chats using other language, it is indeed great.

Return to “OFF Topics”