Naval units

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Huttensohn

Naval units

Post by Huttensohn »

Played some sea maps with various races and noticed -
human navy can't conquer Town centers. Maybe a justified nerf. however it makes early expansion slower than for every other race except dwarves.

Only pirates can enter the undead pirate ship?

the Kobold ships can't enter their town centers after construction.

also some races can enter buildings /tcs with their navys, some don't.
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)
Savra

Re: Naval units

Post by Savra »

Humans and dwarves will be making use of ships for their navy so they will have stronger naval units but with harder early expansion.

Pirates are the only ones who can enter ghost vessel, this is correct.

Orcs and elves make use of units that are good in early expansion, but will be weaker then dwarves and humans navy. Scaledfolks will be changed to work similar to how orcs and elves navy works. Elves also will be getting a lot more naval units as well.

Ships won't be able to occupy TC's, unless we add naval TC's Wich is for the future that can be occupied by ships as well.
Savra

Post by Savra »

We may add poison ships and fire ships in with the humans navy though to help ready them for some of the new units coming in for other races navy's. (Eg elves hippocampus riders and orcs mertrolls)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 am Also i want to make some changes for transport units of humans:
1 cost transport i want to make unaffected by carry cap increase but make it as transport (out of 2) inside which carriable units can act. Also limit them to infantries only.
Can't enter deep water.

2 turn cost transport i want also to not be affected by carry cap and also to be able to carry only 1 unit, row boat also will be only transport that will be carriable by flagship of humans (so you can garrison inside that ship not just units but several row boats, move ship, than move boats even further).

3 turn cost transport i want to be current 4 turn cost transport (exept cost and hp + p.armor drop no changes to it).

4 turn cost transport i want to be current 3 turn cost with giving for it to units inside act (also readjustment of hp and p.armor). Unlike 1 turn cost it will have no restrictions for entrance.

5 turn cost transport will be kept as it is, maybe only with slight boost to speed (+1).

And about destroyer — i think this ship must get one of 2 improvements to become better:
1. No conter attack from enemy;
2. Some bonus melee armor.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Reporting Issues”