New bug report Jan 12, 2023

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Pedro constitute

New bug report Jan 12, 2023

Post by Pedro constitute »

Greeting! Dev!,
Been a while, but late happy new year!, and many blessing to come in the following years!, anyway the current update is at 1.178.

there are reports of new bugs found in the games from two units,
currently those are:
1. Imperial Gryphon archer - Imperial Gryphon archers are currently treated as melee units, and do not shoot arrows, additionally they are unlockable units in the castle, despite whether the player has even access to writing tech or even imperial defense.

2. Orc Slaver - when inflicting whiplash attack spell/skill on the enemy, it does not hinder then nor effect speed on the enemy, granted this scenario was only seen in one match, but upon testing it again on a skirmish match, the enemy receives no additional speed debuff?

3. Raise the dead spell - not a unit, but a peculiar interaction of when the raise the dead spell is activated within proximity to bone tower, bone tower suddenly transforms when the raise the dead is triggered, also it affects other units as well, such as vampires and strzyga.

4. Storm Shield spell - Not a unit, but is it suppose to work accidently to cast it unto enemies? I can cast Storm shield spell suddenly unto my enemies, they would receive the buff, but also the debuff, and any enemy units next to that affected casted unit will received the storm shield effect, for context Orcish Shaman can cast storm shield unto enemies, despite it being designed to be used mostly on ally units, Noted: should this unit be affected either by the lich's convert spell or turn into a zombie, the storm shield spell dissipates, which is normal for the most part.

5. Wagon - Mechanical in nature, surprisingly gets affected by poison debuff, makes sense since it is categorize as alive as well as mechanical, probably makes sense since wagons usually have horses/ beast of burden, but for the sake of clarity, should wagons be affected by poison, or just treated as burnable vehicle, like other siege craft? and if okay for wagons to be poison, should they also be okay to be affected by acid debuff

6. Hopper knight - do these exist? hoping for it's approval?....

any way thank you for all the lovely times you fixed past bugs and improve the game. I thank you and pray for your future successes!
makazuwr32

Re: New bug report Jan 12, 2023

Post by makazuwr32 »

1st:
@Stratego (dev)

2nd: whiplash ability (for attack one) must not affect movement speed in any way for units. IF IT AFFECTS than it is a bug.

4th: storm shield castable onto enemies is a planned feature, not a bug. Since every unit regardless off ally or enemy will receive damage from storm shield aura.

5th:
Huh. Need to check categories but normally they should not be poisonable. Probably a bug with categories.

6th: Hopper knights were added by general brave without any consulting with me. They will be kept as map editor units but they will not become available for normal gameplay, do not even dream about it (If i remember right brave wanted to qdd similar cav for other races as well).
Reason: i want cavalry with jump ability to be exclusive for orcs. Or otherwise pretty average squig rider will loose its last uniqueness.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Pedro constitute wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:14 am 3. Raise the dead spell - not a unit, but a peculiar interaction of when the raise the dead spell is activated within proximity to bone tower, bone tower suddenly transforms when the raise the dead is triggered, also it affects other units as well, such as vampires and strzyga.
@Stratego (dev)
This irritating bug was not fixed by savra.
I suppose it is related somehow to engine.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:40 am
Pedro constitute wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:14 am 3. Raise the dead spell - not a unit, but a peculiar interaction of when the raise the dead spell is activated within proximity to bone tower, bone tower suddenly transforms when the raise the dead is triggered, also it affects other units as well, such as vampires and strzyga.
Stratego (dev)
This irritating bug was not fixed by savra.
I suppose it is related somehow to engine.
actually that ability ashould not have been set until engine is modified - so it is not a bug in engine but a "must not make" feature of that unit as engine is not capable :)
we have 2 options
- remove ability
- i check if i even can solve it - but i a mafraid if is hard to solve, and i dont like touching things that are already in Unity version - as i need to double work on it.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Hm?
Until some time ago it was fine though.
At very least in may of 2022 it was.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:39 am 1st:
Stratego (dev)
here is should set:
1. Imperial Gryphon archers should shoot arrows (and dealing pierce damage)
2. the unlockable part is not clear, should i set "writing tech + imperial defense" as requirement? the requirements are not there now? or they not work only in castle?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:31 am
Stratego (dev)
here is should set:
2. the unlockable part is not clear, should i set "writing tech + imperial defense" as requirement? the requirements are not there now? or they not work only in castle?
1. Yes + check categories. He must not have [melee] category but [shooter] category.
2. Normally he should have completely same requirements as imperial gryphon knight. Check him as reference.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:30 am Hm?
actually it is not really possible.
if we talk here about the forced transformation effect (instead of using the "raise dead" special function) than it was never working (properly).
as only the "raise dead" feature was to be used legally, that can target eg. only coprses, the other transformation is not able to "restrict" target units atm.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:34 am
Stratego (dev)
here is should set:
1. Yes + check categories. He must not have [melee] category but [shooter] category.
2. Normally he should have completely same requirements as imperial gryphon knight. Check him as reference.
there is not gryphon knight, i see a "<string name="UNIT_HUMAN_GRYPHON_RIDER">Gryphon Rider</string>" is that the one to be used?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:35 am
if we talk here about the forced transformation effect (instead of using the "raise dead" special function) than it was never working (properly).
as only the "raise dead" feature was to be used legally, that can target eg. only coprses, the other transformation is not able to "restrict" target units atm.
Oh. Sorry i meant the part with raise dead and part with bone towers.
Not zombiefication.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:39 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:34 am

here is should set:
there is not gryphon knight, i see a "<string name="UNIT_HUMAN_GRYPHON_RIDER">Gryphon Rider</string>" is that the one to be used?
Yes.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

gryphon:
- i changed to arrow type attack. it is done. (Q:what visual should be? the default arrow?)
- existing categories seems good: "trnCategories":["U_MOUNTED", "U_SHOOTER", "U_ALIVE", "U_FLYING", "U_IMPERIAL", "DOC_FLYING", "U_ANTI_INFANTRY", "U_ANTI_AIR"],
- gryphon rider has only TECH_HUMAN_WARFELL_SUPPORT_1 as requirement, and it is not set to archer so now i have set it. it is done.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:46 am gryphon:
- i changed to arrow type attack (what visual should be? the default arrow?)
- existing categories seems good: "trnCategories":["U_MOUNTED", "U_SHOOTER", "U_ALIVE", "U_FLYING", "U_IMPERIAL", "DOC_FLYING", "U_ANTI_INFANTRY", "U_ANTI_AIR"],
- gryphon rider has only TECH_HUMAN_WARFELL_SUPPORT_1 as requirement, and it is not set to archer so now i have set it.
Default arrow, yes.

As for gryphon rider — it should not have any requirements in the first place.

Maybe you meant imperial gryphon rider?
That one should have imperial tech, not warfell one.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:40 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:35 am
Oh. Sorry i meant the part with raise dead and part with bone towers.
Not zombiefication.
ok so we surely talk about same: exactly which unit's and which exact ability name i should check?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I meant part with raise dead affecting bone towers.
Prior to may of 2022 for sure there was no such problem.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:49 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:46 am gryphon:
- i changed to arrow type attack (what visual should be? the default arrow?)
- gryphon rider has only TECH_HUMAN_WARFELL_SUPPORT_1 as requirement, and it is not set to archer so now i have set it.
Default arrow, yes.

As for gryphon rider — it should not have any requirements in the first place.

Maybe you meant imperial gryphon rider?
That one should have imperial tech, not warfell one.
i wrote the one i ment: UNIT_HUMAN_GRYPHON_RIDER, and you are right i copied a wrong a warfell one.
but yes, as you say, UNIT_HUMAN_GRYPHON_RIDER has no requirement at all, so what should i set on UNIT_HUMAN_IMPERIAL_GRYPHON_ARCHER?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

wait: i should use as reference i think:
<string name="UNIT_HUMAN_IMPERIAL_GRYPHON_RIDER">Imperial Gryphon Rider</string>

not nthe one i wrote above
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes that one.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i assume i am right,
i copied UNIT_HUMAN_IMPERIAL_GRYPHON_RIDER requirement that is TECH_HUMAN_IMPERIAL_DEFENSE
so now i have set to UNIT_HUMAN_IMPERIAL_GRYPHON_ARCHER the TECH_HUMAN_IMPERIAL_DEFENSE.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Perfect score.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Reporting Issues”