Game not finishing ANSWERED

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Odhinn

Game not finishing ANSWERED

Post by Odhinn »

Today, i won a game that had 4 total players called New Meta but i had to resign. 2 of the other players resigned, and 1 of them was kicked due to inactivity. Yet, i was not rewarded the winner. I think that the game wanted me to defeat all the other players units until the last man, like it does in a 1v1 when one player is kicked. However, the order of players dropping from the game went like this : 1 player resigned, then 1 player got kicked then the last player resigned. After i saw that it didn't give me the win, i also resigned as the last player because i didn't want to go through and defeat every enemy unit. This may be the way the engine works, but it's the first time to happen to me.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Game not finishing

Post by Stratego (dev) »

1 player resigned,
then 1 player got kicked then the last player resigned.
After i saw that it didn't give me the win, i also resigned as the last player because i didn't want to go through and defeat every enemy unit
wait: you were playing against AI (as the kicked player goes to AI), and if you resign than the AI won.
or am i misundertand something?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think we had somewhere idea to autowin for last player if multiplayer game has only ai left.

I think that's what he wanted.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

i remember this conversation last year pertaining to gem scams but can't find the thread - i thought you removed auto-win and added a minimun turn rule
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is slightly different.
Not fast win within like 5-7 turns or less but win when other players were kicked and became ai — when every players aside from the last one lost/ai last player auto wins because it sometimes is really annoying to play such games with ai until true victory.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

but wait the original problem maybe is something else, i need a confirmation if i was right about the AI case.
Odhinn

Post by Odhinn »

So it was myself and 3 other olayers. Then one player resigned, then 1 player was kicked, then my last opponent resigned which left me as the last player. However, i wasn't rewarded as the winner. I guess it's because one of the players was kicked. If i would have totally beaten that one player that was kicked, i would probably have been given the win. Now i see what the problem was, thanks yall for replying.

Return to “Reporting Issues”