Issues reported on discord

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
diesel

Issues reported on discord

Post by diesel »

I've heard several issues on discord channels that i cannot answer:

1) Olags are trolls but do not have the troll label (ie melee, foot, etc but troll is not listed) - does this effect things like burn?

2) Hardened Shells tech includes Carnotaur Lancer but not Carnotaur Prowler

3) fire on bldgs can be disenchanted, which means it can be done from a great distance - isn't that illogical

4) 1v1 multiplay games are sometimes freezing when 1 player resigns, locking the other out of claiming victory

5) mine carts are simply lost when no tile is available to materialize - can a warning be added like with megas - "no space available to build"
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Issues reported on discord

Post by Stratego (dev) »

(moved to issues section.)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

diesel wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:12 pm I've heard several issues on discord channels that i cannot answer:

1) Olags are trolls but do not have the troll label (ie melee, foot, etc but troll is not listed) - does this effect things like burn?

2) Hardened Shells tech includes Carnotaur Lancer but not Carnotaur Prowler

3) fire on bldgs can be disenchanted, which means it can be done from a great distance - isn't that illogical

4) 1v1 multiplay games are sometimes freezing when 1 player resigns, locking the other out of claiming victory

5) mine carts are simply lost when no tile is available to materialize - can a warning be added like with megas - "no space available to build"
1. Yes they are still burnable as trolls.
2. Fixed in dev version i think.
3. That is problem of disenchant spell itself since it can remove ANY debuffs on ally and ANY buffs on enemy regardless of their scource and type. Even auras from other units can be removed. We will change that during magic update (one of main reasons why that is required).
4. Can't help here, multiplayer or engine issues. @Stratego (dev) can you check that?
5. Hm. That will require help of @Stratego (dev) i think.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

3. That is problem of disenchant spell itself since it can remove ANY debuffs regardless of their scource and type. We will change that during magic update (one of main reasons why that is required).
if it is possible so exclude things now than dont need to be during magic update.
so it can be handled out of magic update pack.

4. Can't help here, multiplayer or engine issues. can you check that?
i would love to but as i have never experienced i need an example.
Diesel: if u would make game and i join and you resing i might see what is happening.
lost? what do u mean? i dont really understand.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:49 pm
4. Can't help here, multiplayer or engine issues. can you check that?
i would love to but as i have never experienced i need an example.
Diesel: if u would make game and i join and you resing i might see what is happening.

it just happened so i will ask for the actual screenshots from them
lost? what do u mean? i dont really understand.
if u press the button for gem mine to produce cart, it will not appear (because it cant) but CD resets for the next one
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

3. That is problem of disenchant spell itself since it can remove ANY debuffs regardless of their scource and type. We will change that during magic update (one of main reasons why that is required).
if it is possible so exclude things now than dont need to be during magic update.
so it can be handled out of magic update pack.
It is not possible i think.
We can separate dispel into 2 abilities — one that targets enemies and one that targets allies — but we can't right now make dispel not affecting for example minotaur charge effect or any runic effects. Auras also are removable.

I have found way to fix that but for that we need to apply categorisation to all abilities and effects first.
We will have 3 abilities which will target specific categories of effects — "magic non-runic non-crystal buffs", "magic non-runic non-crystal debuffs" and "physical debuffs". Each ability will reduce timer left until effect will vanish by some amount — probably 2 or 3 turns.

Physical debuffs are for example poison, burning dot effects, chilling on-hit effect, lots of planned other on-hit effects for future, some natural abilities of units — skeleton hydra gaze abilities for example.

It is not something we can make for few hours.

Dispel itself will be kept but on much more powerful and costly units and will be renamed into "nullify".
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

looking from the other direction can you simply make structures immune/untargetable by dispell?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes we can but than you will not be able to remove debuffs we planned for mechanical units and buildings.
Curse for example.

And we planned to give for it 5 turns length. How will you reactivate building under curse without dispel?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

ohh yes the powerful curse, is that the only spell that effects structures? isnt it strange u can curse a building?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Right now yes.
In plans we have there are at least 15 more spells (8 of which will be for undead) which will affect building with some debuff.

Curse will be separated into 2 spells — one for units and one for buildings.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

however until any magic update we can simply remove from valid targets the buildings (good idea!).
and when "magic update" comes it can change.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:27 pm however until any magic update we can simply remove from valid targets the buildings (good idea!).
and when "magic update" comes it can change.
It is not good since ud than will have huge advantage when siege enemy base — they would be able to disable enemy buildings via curse spell without any counter measure possible for any race including undeads.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

@Stratego (dev) the two players have multiple frozen games, they will "send to dev" one of those games right now

i dont think i can contribute with curse, mak is correct its tough to deal with mummies turning your defenses off, i was just reporting the disenchant issue
Last edited by diesel on Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i will not see anythign from that :(
we can only do it the way i wrote.
diesel

Post by diesel »

ok, i am not available to play atm sorry, i will let you know...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually we would not play, we would start and on next turn you resign so i see the thing.
diesel

Post by diesel »

@Stratego (dev) ok cool, yeah im back and done with my day

im not on dev version is that ok?

ill ask them now what game they played
diesel

Post by diesel »

2 player Njorlund, twice.

Player 1 resigned part way thru and deleted game.
Player 2 attempted to play, but it still said Player 1s turn.

I told Player 1 to go back in but its frozen.
diesel

Post by diesel »

im playing dwarfs now and its fine, cart is not disappearing. it was an older prob so guess its fixed
diesel

Post by diesel »

diesel wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:58 pm 2 player Njorlund, twice.

Player 1 resigned part way thru and deleted game.
Player 2 attempted to play, but it still said Player 1s turn.

I told Player 1 to go back in but its frozen.
we've somehow got a couple more frozen, seems so far when the creator resigns. in some cases the game cannot be deleted from the list either

i joined a couple tries but have not personally experienced it yet

EDIT GOT IT! ... on our live game channel a player has been creating games to learn, so he resigns when it starts but stays in game watching the others...

these are freezing for all players saying its still Player 2 for instance, but player 2 ended turn. We finally managed to delete the frozen games by reinstalling the app

Return to “Reporting Issues”