Summon and dismount bugs

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Laxus

Summon and dismount bugs

Post by Laxus »

The first bug is with the lich summon abilities. If you press summon dragon, sacrifice units but do not confirm the place of summon, the summon does not happen but all your units are still sacrified.

For the second I am not sure if it is a bug or an intended feature. When you use dismount as elf, the damage is transferred to the animal. However when you mount the same animal with another full health unit, the resulting unit has full health. This leads to the animal having full health when you dismount again. This can allow you to heal your units to full health by sacrifing a single action of that unit which can be exploited by sword/glaive dancers. I have not tested whether the same thing happens with glade units , but if it does it could allow bulky to heal easily
makazuwr32

Re: Summon and dismount bugs

Post by makazuwr32 »

Summon:
It is not a bug but engine problem for all similar abilities with sacrifices. Will not be fixed anytime soon unfortunately.

Mounting:
Well i'd say it is fine to fully heal mounts but for dismounting we are planning to forcibly stop unit so after dismounting both mount and rider (separated) will be able to move only on next turn. It will still require some additions to engine though.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:41 am Summon:
It is not a bug but engine problem for all similar abilities with sacrifices.
well it is still a bug :)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We have asked for you, @Stratego (dev), to change how sacrifices should work — they must be consumed AFTER you choose target for ability you use, not before.

That is problem for now with:
Summons
Aoe abilities (any variants — damaging, buffing or debuffing)
Teleport abilities

Personally i and savra can't fix that since it is related to engine.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sure a bug in code, not in jsons

Return to “Reporting Issues”