Some Bugs I've Found

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Sydney Layne

Some Bugs I've Found

Post by Sydney Layne »

Hello!
I'm here to report some bugs I believe I have found:

The first concerns all Glade units with the Polearm Bracing ability. Whenever the duration of the ability is complete, and the unit returns to its normal stats, it acquires an absurd amount of speed and reach (+40 for both of these categories), essentially making it like an OP flying unit.

The second concerns the elven worker. When spawned in a TC that is adjacent to a water tile, it uses its construction ability exclusively on that water tile without actually building anything. I played one game where the elven AI didn't construt a single structure because it was devoting all of its worker units to building an invisible port that was never finished lol.

The third is more of a bad feature. It concerns the goblin slave constantly blowing up both itself and its constructions with the "goblin grenade" ability. This leads to the AI orcs never being able to have an effective infrastructure because they keep burning down their own structures.

The fourth is also a feature which I believe could be adjusted. I've noticed in my games with the AI that they don't upgrade their units, even if technologies are enabled and their difficulty set to hard. I've noticed this particularly among Dwarves, Elves, and Humans as the Orcs are at least sometimes able to pull off an upgrade of trolls. I suspect this is because of the large number of technologies needed to upgrade the fodder units (warriors, archers, etc.). The AI seem unable to navigate the web of technologies needed to enhance their units.
makazuwr32

Re: Some Bugs I've Found

Post by makazuwr32 »

Sydney Layne wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 pm Hello!
I'm here to report some bugs I believe I have found:

The first concerns all Glade units with the Polearm Bracing ability. Whenever the duration of the ability is complete, and the unit returns to its normal stats, it acquires an absurd amount of speed and reach (+40 for both of these categories), essentially making it like an OP flying unit.

fixed in dev version

The second concerns the elven worker. When spawned in a TC that is adjacent to a water tile, it uses its construction ability exclusively on that water tile without actually building anything. I played one game where the elven AI didn't construt a single structure because it was devoting all of its worker units to building an invisible port that was never finished lol.

up to savra to fix thatfor ai

The third is more of a bad feature. It concerns the goblin slave constantly blowing up both itself and its constructions with the "goblin grenade" ability. This leads to the AI orcs never being able to have an effective infrastructure because they keep burning down their own structures.

up to savra to fix that for ai

The fourth is also a feature which I believe could be adjusted. I've noticed in my games with the AI that they don't upgrade their units, even if technologies are enabled and their difficulty set to hard. I've noticed this particularly among Dwarves, Elves, and Humans as the Orcs are at least sometimes able to pull off an upgrade of trolls. I suspect this is because of the large number of technologies needed to upgrade the fodder units (warriors, archers, etc.). The AI seem unable to navigate the web of technologies needed to enhance their units.

we are reworking a bit upgrade system for dwarves and humans to reduce required techs to level up down to 3; alas elves do not have any levels of units...
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sydney Layne

Post by Sydney Layne »

Alas, I have misspoke about the elves. Rather than leveling up units, they do not pursue the blacksmith techs to enhance their units. I wonder if that is actually the overall problem now that I think about it. None of the races seem to place a priority on blacksmith techs. However, its good to know the devs are working on this stuff!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Hm. They do not research blacksmith techs?
That is ai related problem.

We will check that out later, when we have time.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sydney Layne

Post by Sydney Layne »

Hello, just wanted to update that the Elven Polearm Bracing bug, which was deemed fixed in 1.162, is in fact still present in the current published version of the game.

Also, concerning the Elven AI building invisible ports, I believe I now know what they are really doing. It seems they are attempting to build bridges, however they are unable to do so until I exit and reload the game. After I reload the game, the bug dissappears and the Elven workers become able to build bridges.

I've also noticed that my saved (incomplete) skirmish matches do not appear in the skirmish menu upon the opening of the app until I attempt to load up another map from another section of the game (For example, "My Maps).
For example, I am playing a skirmish map game. I saved the game and closed out the app, and when I opened the app again I noticed that the game I was playing was gone from the menu. However, when I opened up the "My Maps" section, and then returned to the Skirmish Map Menu, my old game had reappeared. An odd bug indeed.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I've also noticed that my saved (incomplete) skirmish matches do not appear in the skirmish menu upon the opening of the app until I attempt to load up another map from another section of the game (For example, "My Maps).
For example, I am playing a skirmish map game. I saved the game and closed out the app, and when I opened the app again I noticed that the game I was playing was gone from the menu. However, when I opened up the "My Maps" section, and then returned to the Skirmish Map Menu, my old game had reappeared. An odd bug indeed.
i tried this and i always see my unfinished map, what i did:
- create a new skirmish game
- named it like i will never miss to find
- opened, moved a unit.
- quit
- i see in menu.
- i soft-quit the app (going to homescreen)
- open again and i see in menu.
- i killed the app from memory
- relaunch
- i still see it in menu

was my attempt good? or shall i do something differently?
Sydney Layne

Post by Sydney Layne »

Your attempt was good. I forgot to mention that I was playing on a custom random map. I tested this bug using a regular random map, and the big did not appear. As such, it seems that this bug is exclusively associated with the use of custom maps that are not present in the core game.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ah, that makes sence, so playtesting a mapdesign - thanks!
those are loaded in a separate way.
i will check eventually.

Return to “Reporting Issues”