Ships in buildings

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
MrLich

Ships in buildings

Post by MrLich »

The issue is random ships appearing from destroyed buildings,tested it offline, so cant say if its the same on multi, and dont know if it isnt fixed already
makazuwr32

Re: Ships in buildings

Post by makazuwr32 »

What?
You destroy building, let's say, imperial outpost that is put on snow tile, and you get random ship from it? Like elven transport and dwarven steamship?

What the?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I dont get how it works, but on ud is super op, you always get pirate ships that way
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Its always a ship from the race, or even a sea creature so far i tested, so humans get human ships, ud get ud ships, but definitely it shouldnt work that way to begin with lol
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Its propably solved, and only noticed it on AI, so it isnt rly an issue
diesel

Post by diesel »

I've seen this a lot - but its because there were previously structures that allowed the ship to sail inland for defense. When the other structure is destroyed, it can no longer sail out.

Then when the bldg housing it gets destroyed, it looks like there's a random ship sitting on land.

Not a glitch. I do it intentionally sometimes to make shortcuts by building a line of towers.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Ai seems to use ships (especially human) very defensively - as soon as they take significant dmg they head for a dock or tc.
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I saw it several times on creeper map, on northwest, and southeast corner too, and on highlands map too, like there was no water to build a ship
diesel

Post by diesel »

ok yeah that can't be right, if there's no water then obviously no ports/tcs to build them
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

MrLich wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:38 am I saw it several times on creeper map, on northwest, and southeast corner too, and on highlands map too, like there was no water to build a ship
Just in case bridge tiles also count as water and allow training of ships.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I know, but i saw this several times in highlands map, and in creeper map, although i was AI matches, but still there was no Access to water or Bridges to begin with
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Has anybody playtested it now, im not sure if it inst AI related bug, or a offline thing(was offline then)
diesel

Post by diesel »

ok confirmed - destroyed a tower next to tc (human AI) and found a catapult ship. no water anywhere near: bottom right corner of furin, no chance at all it sailed in

side note: haven't played AI in awhile, it was hilarious watching a dozen kamikaze workers attack my imperial knight

i had 3 human AI opps and only saw about 15 warfell and 5 imp units over 50 turns - when i was close to opp tcs, most units around were militia and laborers. did AI get easier? several times it even evacuated tcs and let me walk right in. pointless using imperial units, but still fun for wasting an hour :lol:
diesel

Post by diesel »

i was offline but shouldn't matter either way i would think
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

AI definitely regressed, like its more often first building they build is a mega, and they use workers in more stupid way
diesel

Re: Ships definitely appearing on land

Post by diesel »

ok so running a few maps I've now seen catapult ship from humans, steamship from dwarves, and sea serpent from elves so it happens to all races

they come from tc, so there could have been more i didn't see if they don't leave

but i have not seen it happen on maps with absolutely no water tiles (like greenfield and great chasm)

my theory is if there's water anywhere on map, *all* AI tcs are allowed to build ships, not just ones adjacent water but I'm no expert

i guess its not a big deal, but kinda funny at times (esp the sea serpent). thx mrlich for bringing it up!
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

The thing is, so far they always Come from ungarrisoned buildings in my case(no light, no element flashing), so they couldnt be trained rly, also in case of elves, its also their aquatic mounts
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Also pretty sure highlands doesnt have any water, yet saw it there quite often
Savra

Post by Savra »

How typical of the ai to ignore player restrictions. :lol:

Anyway, @Stratego (dev) I think this is an issue only you can fix, unless there's something on my end I could do? (Other than removing them from tc)
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

I wouldnt Say its a restriction, but a stupid bug, like why should AI get ships from destroyed buildings to begin with
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

so the bug here is that player can not but AI can build a ship where it should not build it? - on land TC (not near water). So the fix would be AI will not build iships there either?

are you sure there is no "canal" under the TC? (maybe that was built by AI ?) basically should not - but if it was left as to be built maybe...
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wait u can make canals under buildings like road?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

dunno :)
diesel

Post by diesel »

100% positive ships are being built on land

example today:

elf AI on Shire had 3 tcs, parapet and wolf den all in one brick "house" - destroying parapet and wolf den BOTH revealed a sea monster that could atk but not move

it did not retreat into adjacent TC when heavily damaged like most units would

(bottom left house with absolutely no connection to water at any point in the game)
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

In my case,The ships just appeared from thin air, The buildings werent even garrisoned
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

?? what?

can someone tell me how to reproduce? or a video maybe os i understand what happens?
MrLich

Post by MrLich »

Diesel should know the details, as hes done most playtesting in that matter, but so far i saw ships coming from destroyed AI towers, on highland and creeper maps in my case, but diesel also found it on other maps
diesel

Post by diesel »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:27 pm ?? what?

can someone tell me how to reproduce? or a video maybe os i understand what happens?
I'll try to get a SS, but it seems totally random (no particular situation to reproduce)

Here's what I've seen personally:

1) has always happened (6+ months playing) but more common after the last updates
2) 2 specific units (catapult ship & sea monster), i thought a steamship once, but can't confirm
3) never on a map without water somewhere
4) the bldg/tower always indicates its occupied
5) only AI skirmish, never multiplay so far
6) units are functioning outside of trapped from movement

In addition, MrLich has added this:

- happens on maps without water also (i cannot confirm)
- appears from empty bldg/tower also (i cannot confirm)

maybe its the units, not the AI?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i can only imagine tha AI produces them.
is that the case? if so i can fix.

but i can not imagine this: "The ships just appeared from thin air" about this i need something how to.
diesel

Post by diesel »

I've never seen them appearing in thin air (ungarrisoned bldgs)

Return to “Reporting Issues”