Problem with transports

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
Vladneral

Problem with transports

Post by Vladneral »

Like we know units allowed to shoot from rams ents some ships and some other transports. So if you put ent or ram in transport from which you cant shoot like for humans: transport ship and great transport ship. For example: you can put in great transport 5 rams full with shooters casters so this all 15! units can make actions from the inside. I think that doesnt works like that.
MrLich

Re: Problem with transports

Post by MrLich »

Not sure, but giants cant enter transport, the same with mechanical units, it works mostly if garrisoned though, (great transport is a exception, but its on water, and i think you Cant build it normally)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

For fixing this i think we need some spec action that will for carriers to override ability to act as in tower of carried carrier units.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

there is already: a carrier can be set to NOT let shoot form it.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The problem is that we have carrier who allows this — ent warrior or battering ram — and carrier into whom you put first carrier and who forbids shooting — most of transport ships. And despite the fact that second carrier (transport ship) forbids shooting for units inside it units inside first carrier (battering ram) who is inside second (transport ship) can shoot or act other ways.

And THAT is problem which we need to fix.

We can't just set for ents or battering rams to forbid that vecause they will loose at least 3/4 of their functionality. They were designed lately with this trait — moving towers — in mind. But when they enter into other carriers they also turn that carrier into such moving tower as well which is problem.
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:16 am For fixing this i think we need some spec action that will for carriers to override ability to act as in tower for units inside carrier who is carried in another carrier.
It must be this way because if we simply disable shooting for all units inside carriers who are inside another units than this will affect towers and tcs which is a no.
Spec action as i see is only right way to fix it.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this is nothing about spec actions.
this is a code fix.

but btw: how an ent van go into transport? ist ntaht weird?
same for battering ram - that should be packed first imho or something.

but these are my 5cents only.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I saw something similar just recently in AoS - a missile unit from inside a siege mantlet that was inside a wagon auto-attacked on End Turn. Sounds like the same mechanics at work. I will try to replicate it deliberately.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:54 pm but btw: how an ent van go into transport? ist ntaht weird?
same for battering ram - that should be packed first imho or something.

but these are my 5cents only.
Ent will get own way without ships to move through water and will be removed from transports. Good point about battering ram.

But we are planning to add elephant tower unit and few other similar units for other races (gnomes will provide few for dwarves). And they will not have any "packed" form (how can you "pack" tower on elephant or steam tank?). How you can suggest to solve this without fixing?
We need this fix for sure to avoid such problems.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:54 pm this is nothing about spec actions.
this is a code fix.
Hopefully it will not affect situations when this carrier inside tc, tower or some other carrier which must let for units inside to act.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

i suppose its minor, but fits in the discussion: battle and war zeppelins can enter wagons which seems a little illogical (carrier zeps cannot)
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Yes, confirmed bug @Stratego (dev) - in AoS, units can attack and use abilities from within a siege mantlet that is inside a wagon
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D

Return to “Reporting Issues”