Dwarf can't build on their tunnel

Put here any issue you find, please avoid repetitions, so check if your issue is already there.
DreJaDe

Dwarf can't build on their tunnel

Post by DreJaDe »

Dwarves were supposed to be able to build on tunnels right? That's how I remember it.

I mean, how would they tunnel to the other side if they can't build inside it?
Anchar

Re: Dwarf can't build on their tunnel

Post by Anchar »

I thought it was a nerf to tunnels and I think that the old mechanics will not be returned. Nevertheless, I disagree with this, if you nerf the tunnels then make them so many lives that they would not be destroyed with 1 magic shot or a blow of some kind of Karahorn.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Huh. That is actually a bit unexpected.

Building from tunnels as well as melee attacking (but only melee) was supposed to be allowed. Otherwise it is not possible to defend tunnels which are coming from mountain to open area (or just clear that just started construction/that diehard imperial or phantom corpse right at the exit of tunnel from inside) or build through mountains.

@Savra only ranged attacks (throwers, shooters, siege, magic) were supposed to be disabled.
Melee attacks and construction was supposed to be allowed.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:48 pm Huh. That is actually a bit unexpected.

Building from tunnels as well as melee attacking (but only melee) was supposed to be allowed. Otherwise it is not possible to defend tunnels which are coming from mountain to open area (or just clear that just started construction/that diehard imperial or phantom corpse right at the exit of tunnel from inside) or build through mountains.

@Savra only ranged attacks (throwers, shooters, siege, magic) were supposed to be disabled.
Melee attacks and construction was supposed to be allowed.
it is not possible, you can set to all or to none.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think it is possible if we will set them to all and add some auras which will target spell range of all units inside tunnel and attack range of shooters and throwers.

This way shooters and throwers won't be able to attack and casters won't be able to cast due to casting range being 0.
But melee units and workers would be able to attack and build.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

little hacky, but can work.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We in russia have proverb:
"Brave heroes always go around" in meaning that "we always try to find an easier alas longer solution".
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

This can be done, anyway I'll see what's wrong with the tunnels when I get there and fix the issue. I'm unsure how that happened since the only thing I changed when I edited this file last was just the image.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Needs checking.

If it is not fixed than must be fixed:
Allow for units inside to act as in tc, add for tunnel 2 auras with range 0: first affects ranged siege, shooters and throwers, reduces their attack range down by -20; second affects all units, reduces their spell range by -20.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Reporting Issues”