Camel archer blacksmith IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Badnorth

Camel archer blacksmith IMPLEMENTED

Post by Badnorth »

Camel archer is weak for a trainable at castle only unit. Mameluks are more worth it as they have a medium powered ranged attack, Armor, High mental resistance, High Hp and so on with its camel like abilities e.g. Terrain desert boost, Camel category and Camel fear.

A 5 turn camel archer is weak at almost all things. Only things that are good is its Aura and terrain speed boosts. I'll point the 2 good ones first. Aura can be useful for no Anti-mounted cavalry units to come close to it. Speed boost in desert is also good for an advantage. But as Camel archer doesn't receive Black Smith upgrades it'll make it unable to get stronger later on, leaving it weak in stats for the rest of the game. 6 dmg and a 5 rng isn't really good for camel archer imo since it is not being affected by the Smith upgrades.

Suggested change - Allowing archer smith upgrades to be received by camel archer (Since it is an archer afterall).
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Endru1241

Re: Camel archer too weak

Post by Endru1241 »

Honestly - I had the impulse to write, that it does get blacksmith benefits, but first checked the file.
It's my mistake.
It was supposed to get them in full (both armor levels, both archery levels).
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”