Mercs - no mental resistance

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
phoenixffyrnig

Mercs - no mental resistance

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I notice most of the mercenary units (except Condottiero and Disband Knight) have no stats for mental resistance, and they're not classed as inconvertible either.

This got me thinking, instead of being able to convert mercenaries, would it be possible to bribe them instead, using carts from mines or money courier/boat equivalents. Following the same principle as conversion, so using a mental resistance stat, but giving money units a bribery conversion chance which only works on mercs?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Re: Mercs - no mental resistance

Post by Endru1241 »

It's already planned to give money units bribe ability, but affecting all units. Of course - sacrificing the money unit if succeeded.
We may additionally think of something more powerful to be used against mercenaries.

I personally thought about simple ability - sacrifice money unit to get -8 to leaving time.
100% sure way to get rid of underpaid mercs.
Age of Strategy design leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Also - I moved the topic.
It's not an issue. More of a balancing idea.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Ah sorry perhaps I wasn't very clear, I did lead one point into another. The mental resistance stat is currently missing in the mercenary info, except Disband and Condottiero.

Cool, sounds like there are a lot of ideas in the pipeline. Is there a post anywhere that details all the ideas you guys are currently working towards?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Mental resistance is not listed, because most stats are not listed if they are set as 0.

If by "you guys" you mean me - it's not posted anywhere.
Stratego has list of engine changes planned, but I got nothing of sort about AoS development.
I once even tried to make it, but turned out I don't know how to make sticky topics.
Well - I never really got into forum administration. Only reading the whole section and replying takes me enough time.
It's also not really that much set.
I don't like to give myself limits/goals - all I do for AoS - it's in my free time, for contribution/self-satisfaction.
Setting deadlines is for work.
So I only have one simple file named todo, which contains a loose list of ideas, links - whatever I actually thought to do with this game.
And sometimes whoever on the forum is kind enough to provide graphics/ideas totally interrupts the whole plan, just because posted idea requires less work and/or I like it better for the moment.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:46 pm Mental resistance is not listed, because most stats are not listed if they are set as 0.
Ah ok - that clears that up.

Wow, fairplay - I assumed you were full time here, such is your level of involvement. Well, thank-you for all your hard work - just in my short time here there has been so much improvement.

Yeah, fully understand the "it's ready when it's ready" approach, I feel the same about my cooking and my music - art should not have time limits. Good man :)

Return to “Unit balancing”