Roman units are kinda weak...

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
DreJaDe

Re: Roman units are kinda weak...

Post by DreJaDe »

I think, one of the reason why they are weak is their inability to be accessible.

As you can see, roman garrison is way to costly as a building. I don't for now but the last time I played it, it cost 5 turns to make.

Mass producing troops from that is literally impossible. Just training cavalry would be a better solution even with the same cost per unit.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

5 turns without ambidexteria and 4 with it (as opposed to regular factories, which are build in 4->3 turns).
It's the same for all cultural training buildings.
They get it because of versatility.

Regular factories have general weaknesses, which are very hard to be fought against without access to another different factory or using tc production (e.g. skirmishers against archery, mix of cavalry with archers against barracks, pikemen or even spearmen against stables, heavy cavalry or anti-building infantry against siege workshop).
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

I think that, if a riman builder is added, a auxilia garrison could be added too with 4-3 turns (pre-after ambidextria)
So this could inly produce auxiliar units (including sagitarius since it is syrian auxiliars)
Or maybe just leave the roman garrison like that cheaper version and the romanfortress could be the expensive onr with all the possibilities...
It is up to you endru, and i will suport what u do, buti really think roman needs a mora accesible structure to be more viable...
As i said, adding mercenaries to roman garrison and ancient ships could be anothr option
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well roman should get a mega building too
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
MaharajaInfernape

Post by MaharajaInfernape »

I suggest to reduce the cost of Legionary to 3 and slightly reduce its stats.
Cost: 3
HP: 23
Power: 9
Armours: 2/3

I think this will not only make it more powerful (since it is not much strong right now) but also help to mass-produce it.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

agree, but ur stats look too strong for a 3 turns unit i think...evn if it only gonna be strong at the early game seems too strong
Last edited by L4cus on Sat May 15, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
MaharajaInfernape

Post by MaharajaInfernape »

L4cus wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:13 pm ...but ur stats look too strong for a 2 turns unit i think...
I suggested the production cost to be 3 turns which, I think, is not too low.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

my bad, 3 turns, already edited
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Implemented first step of making roman units better - roman melee units get +1 attack on roads, +2 on stone roads.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

I understandthe reasons, but sounda kinda simple...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Arent roman legionaries supposed to b able to build roads in future updates? Then the two will complement each other
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Unit balancing”