Berserker is too strong.

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Badnorth

Berserker is too strong.

Post by Badnorth »

I just noticed berserker has his hp up to 24. Isn't that too strong for a 4 turn unit?
Maybe removing his melee armor would make him balanced?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
L4cus

Re: Berserker is too strong.

Post by L4cus »

som time ago, u tried to make it stronger...now its too strong xd
mmh legionary has 25 hp and its a 4 turns unit with 3/2 armor and good techs for improvements...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I'll have to disagree with you there...

Berserker is unable to Insta kill a skirmisher when caught out of rage... Which can be up to 3 turns at a time now...

Stats are weak and now he HAS to have rage to be effective...
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I have a campaign map with bersekers and they dominate everything when in a berserk state. Idk if it is because of the bards or in general they are too strong....maybe they really are balanced..
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

L4cus wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:34 pm som time ago, u tried to make it stronger...now its too strong xd
mmh legionary has 25 hp and its a 4 turns unit with 3/2 armor and good techs for improvements...
Wait, did I ? It seems that this new berserkers are stronger than the previous ones.. in berserk state they are fatal to most infantry and cavalry also when a bard is nearby it is waay stronger. All Roman units are quite balanced for me.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Erm Roman units don't get smithing upgrades...

This kinda leaves them as an afterthought come late game...
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

StormSaint373 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:22 pm Erm Roman units don't get smithing upgrades...

This kinda leaves them as an afterthought come late game...
They aren't affected? But I think as compensation for that have techs to buff them ? Legion training and legion missile tactics? Plus a centurion? Mmmmm maybe you are right. They will become weak compared to other units in late game since they aren't affected by smiths.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

they arent really. once youve researched legion training they get more armor than most units
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

SirPat wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:56 pm they arent really. once youve researched legion training they get more armor than most units
Yeah, I think it was bugged at the time because I couldn't find a logical, predictable pattern, but using wagons, towers, centurions, castles and other buildings or transports, me and another guy between us managed to get legionaries with +11, +12 - maybe even more. Cant remember what the maxi was, but enough to not need anymore boni.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

same with companion cavalry the max of which is like +17 dmg so yeah hhhahahhahaha thats alot a dmg and yeah I guess that must be a bug or maybe this is really how effective their tactics are
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support

Return to “Unit balancing”