Reduce damage of poison by 1 - ANSWERED by : Endru

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Badnorth

Reduce damage of poison by 1 - ANSWERED by : Endru

Post by Badnorth »

Poison archers deal 5 damage per turn for (if I remember) 5 turns killing even the most elite hoplite and berserker within small amount of turns , so I suggest to reduce his poison damage by 1 or lessen his range by 1 because he is overpowered in my sight . ( My army of berserkers gets killed so easily by this monster) please consider this.
Last edited by Badnorth on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Squirrel5555

Re: Reduce damage of poison by 1

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Can't you get rid of the status with healing? And running at a line of poison archers probably isn't the smartest thing you can do with a bunch of bare-chested men.
AOD Team - Join Us!
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Healers are slow I use missionary but mostly for converting . Who would run straight to poison archers? Well I do with bard songs lol.

I find them irritating since they kill my soldiers very easily and when a healer is far I cant heal them especially berserker when he lost his heal abilities ( thankfully he will get his stats reworked ) was poison really that strong ? 5 damage per turn for 5 or 4 turns ?
SirPat

Re: Reduce damage of poison by 1 or a poison tech

Post by SirPat »

there are already a counter to that bring herbalists and skirms use herb protection ability on skirmishers but it is expensive and they dont deal lots of damage against them

making poison deal 1 dmg is underpowered specially before it was de4cided that it should stack.
but maybe changing it too 3-4 dmg is viable i guess but absolutely not 1 dmg thats 30 turns to kill a spartan poison doesnt work like that

or maybe

add a tech for poison units and poison weapon ability of herbalist. the tech will be called Poison :lol: ofc. its invented at the advancement center.
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
ProtectorLordGarmin

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

I don't want to sound insulting, but you miss a lot of details. The post said it wanted poison damage decreasing BY one, not TO one.
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I said reduce poison dmg by 1 not to 1 .
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

ProtectorLordGarmin wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:57 am I don't want to sound insulting, but you miss a lot of details. The post said it wanted poison damage decreasing BY one, not TO one.
I know how to read, man
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:59 am I said reduce poison dmg by 1 not to 1 .
thanks, man

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I really am messed up of what you mean, Quad

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Quad you should have just said too make poison deal 4 dmg instead :lol: or maybe i didnt understand you :lol:

ProtectorLordGarmin

SirPat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:01 am
ProtectorLordGarmin wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:57 am I don't want to sound insulting, but you miss a lot of details. The post said it wanted poison damage decreasing BY one, not TO one.
I know how to read, man
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:59 am I said reduce poison dmg by 1 not to 1 .
thanks, man
So there's basically the same thing twice (pointing out the mistake you made) but one gets a defensive retort while another gets "thanks"
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Lol sorry

I meant to reduce poison damage to 4 since 5 poison damage is op in my sight .
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

There seems to be some misunderstandings lets clear it and refresh it .
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:38 am Poison archers deal 5 damage per turn for (if I remember) 5 turns killing even the most elite hoplite and berserker within small amount of turns , so I suggest to reduce his poison damage by 1 or lessen his range by 1 because he is overpowered in my sight . ( My army of berserkers gets killed so easily by this monster) please consider this.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

ProtectorLordGarmin wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:08 am
SirPat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:01 am
I know how to read, man
thanks, man
So there's basically the same thing twice (pointing out the mistake you made) but one gets a defensive retort while another gets "thanks"
no those were both insults Im just doing some psychology on what you(new guy) feel about it

since youve fought your rights...

░██╗░░░░░░░██╗███████╗██╗░░░░░░█████╗░░█████╗░███╗░░░███╗███████╗  ████████╗░█████╗░  ████████╗██╗░░██╗███████╗
░██║░░██╗░░██║██╔════╝██║░░░░░██╔══██╗██╔══██╗████╗░████║██╔════╝  ╚══██╔══╝██╔══██╗  ╚══██╔══╝██║░░██║██╔════╝
░╚██╗████╗██╔╝█████╗░░██║░░░░░██║░░╚═╝██║░░██║██╔████╔██║█████╗░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║  ░░░██║░░░███████║█████╗░░
░░████╔═████║░██╔══╝░░██║░░░░░██║░░██╗██║░░██║██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══╝░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║  ░░░██║░░░██╔══██║██╔══╝░░
░░╚██╔╝░╚██╔╝░███████╗███████╗╚█████╔╝╚█████╔╝██║░╚═╝░██║███████╗  ░░░██║░░░╚█████╔╝  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║███████╗
░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚══════╝╚══════╝░╚════╝░░╚════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚══════╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░░╚════╝░  ░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝

███████╗░█████╗░██████╗░██╗░░░██╗███╗░░░███╗░██████╗██╗██╗██╗██╗
██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██║░░░██║████╗░████║██╔════╝██║██║██║██║
█████╗░░██║░░██║██████╔╝██║░░░██║██╔████╔██║╚█████╗░██║██║██║██║
██╔══╝░░██║░░██║██╔══██╗██║░░░██║██║╚██╔╝██║░╚═══██╗╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝
██║░░░░░╚█████╔╝██║░░██║╚██████╔╝██║░╚═╝░██║██████╔╝██╗██╗██╗██╗
╚═╝░░░░░░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚═════╝░╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

███████╗███████╗███████╗██╗░░░░░  ███████╗██████╗░███████╗███████╗  ████████╗░█████╗░
██╔════╝██╔════╝██╔════╝██║░░░░░  ██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔════╝██╔════╝  ╚══██╔══╝██╔══██╗
█████╗░░█████╗░░█████╗░░██║░░░░░  █████╗░░██████╔╝█████╗░░█████╗░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║
██╔══╝░░██╔══╝░░██╔══╝░░██║░░░░░  ██╔══╝░░██╔══██╗██╔══╝░░██╔══╝░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║
██║░░░░░███████╗███████╗███████╗  ██║░░░░░██║░░██║███████╗███████╗  ░░░██║░░░╚█████╔╝
╚═╝░░░░░╚══════╝╚══════╝╚══════╝  ╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝╚══════╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░░╚════╝░

███╗░░░███╗░█████╗░██╗░░██╗███████╗  ████████╗██╗░░██╗██╗░██████╗  ██╗░░░██╗░█████╗░██╗░░░██╗██████╗░
████╗░████║██╔══██╗██║░██╔╝██╔════╝  ╚══██╔══╝██║░░██║██║██╔════╝  ╚██╗░██╔╝██╔══██╗██║░░░██║██╔══██╗
██╔████╔██║███████║█████═╝░█████╗░░  ░░░██║░░░███████║██║╚█████╗░  ░╚████╔╝░██║░░██║██║░░░██║██████╔╝
██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══██║██╔═██╗░██╔══╝░░  ░░░██║░░░██╔══██║██║░╚═══██╗  ░░╚██╔╝░░██║░░██║██║░░░██║██╔══██╗
██║░╚═╝░██║██║░░██║██║░╚██╗███████╗  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║██║██████╔╝  ░░░██║░░░╚█████╔╝╚██████╔╝██║░░██║
╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝╚═════╝░  ░░░╚═╝░░░░╚════╝░░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝

██╗░░██╗░█████╗░███╗░░░███╗███████╗
██║░░██║██╔══██╗████╗░████║██╔════╝
███████║██║░░██║██╔████╔██║█████╗░░
██╔══██║██║░░██║██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══╝░░
██║░░██║╚█████╔╝██║░╚═╝░██║███████╗
╚═╝░░╚═╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚══════╝
hope Dev wont be mad about this :?

ProtectorLordGarmin

The text is fragmented, what does it say?
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

oh it says
SirPat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:15 am
░██╗░░░░░░░██╗███████╗██╗░░░░░░█████╗░░█████╗░███╗░░░███╗███████╗  ████████╗░█████╗░  ████████╗██╗░░██╗███████╗
░██║░░██╗░░██║██╔════╝██║░░░░░██╔══██╗██╔══██╗████╗░████║██╔════╝  ╚══██╔══╝██╔══██╗  ╚══██╔══╝██║░░██║██╔════╝
░╚██╗████╗██╔╝█████╗░░██║░░░░░██║░░╚═╝██║░░██║██╔████╔██║█████╗░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║  ░░░██║░░░███████║█████╗░░
░░████╔═████║░██╔══╝░░██║░░░░░██║░░██╗██║░░██║██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══╝░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║  ░░░██║░░░██╔══██║██╔══╝░░
░░╚██╔╝░╚██╔╝░███████╗███████╗╚█████╔╝╚█████╔╝██║░╚═╝░██║███████╗  ░░░██║░░░╚█████╔╝  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║███████╗
░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚══════╝╚══════╝░╚════╝░░╚════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚══════╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░░╚════╝░  ░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝

███████╗░█████╗░██████╗░██╗░░░██╗███╗░░░███╗░██████╗██╗██╗██╗██╗
██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██║░░░██║████╗░████║██╔════╝██║██║██║██║
█████╗░░██║░░██║██████╔╝██║░░░██║██╔████╔██║╚█████╗░██║██║██║██║
██╔══╝░░██║░░██║██╔══██╗██║░░░██║██║╚██╔╝██║░╚═══██╗╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝
██║░░░░░╚█████╔╝██║░░██║╚██████╔╝██║░╚═╝░██║██████╔╝██╗██╗██╗██╗
╚═╝░░░░░░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚═════╝░╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝
welcome to the forums
SirPat wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:16 am ███████╗███████╗███████╗██╗░░░░░  ███████╗██████╗░███████╗███████╗  ████████╗░█████╗░
██╔════╝██╔════╝██╔════╝██║░░░░░  ██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔════╝██╔════╝  ╚══██╔══╝██╔══██╗
█████╗░░█████╗░░█████╗░░██║░░░░░  █████╗░░██████╔╝█████╗░░█████╗░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║
██╔══╝░░██╔══╝░░██╔══╝░░██║░░░░░  ██╔══╝░░██╔══██╗██╔══╝░░██╔══╝░░  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║
██║░░░░░███████╗███████╗███████╗  ██║░░░░░██║░░██║███████╗███████╗  ░░░██║░░░╚█████╔╝
╚═╝░░░░░╚══════╝╚══════╝╚══════╝  ╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝╚══════╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░░╚════╝░

███╗░░░███╗░█████╗░██╗░░██╗███████╗  ████████╗██╗░░██╗██╗░██████╗  ██╗░░░██╗░█████╗░██╗░░░██╗██████╗░
████╗░████║██╔══██╗██║░██╔╝██╔════╝  ╚══██╔══╝██║░░██║██║██╔════╝  ╚██╗░██╔╝██╔══██╗██║░░░██║██╔══██╗
██╔████╔██║███████║█████═╝░█████╗░░  ░░░██║░░░███████║██║╚█████╗░  ░╚████╔╝░██║░░██║██║░░░██║██████╔╝
██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══██║██╔═██╗░██╔══╝░░  ░░░██║░░░██╔══██║██║░╚═══██╗  ░░╚██╔╝░░██║░░██║██║░░░██║██╔══██╗
██║░╚═╝░██║██║░░██║██║░╚██╗███████╗  ░░░██║░░░██║░░██║██║██████╔╝  ░░░██║░░░╚█████╔╝╚██████╔╝██║░░██║
╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝  ░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝╚═════╝░  ░░░╚═╝░░░░╚════╝░░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝

██╗░░██╗░█████╗░███╗░░░███╗███████╗
██║░░██║██╔══██╗████╗░████║██╔════╝
███████║██║░░██║██╔████╔██║█████╗░░
██╔══██║██║░░██║██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══╝░░
██║░░██║╚█████╔╝██║░╚═╝░██║███████╗
╚═╝░░╚═╝░╚════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚══════╝
hope Dev wont be mad about this :?
feel free to make this your home
are you using a phone? set the page to desktop site so that youll see the text properly

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Back on topic .
Does anyone agree/disagree ?
Sirpat?
Squirrel?
ProtectorGarmin?
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

4dmg yeah maybe

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Ok. Done.
It's 4 now.
Or was it already?
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Wait,what ? Its originally 4 ?
The unit description of poison archer said it was 5 .
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I tested and it is 4 lol
The description of poison archer says its 5 please edit it , thanks .

ANSWERED

Return to “Unit balancing”