More middle eastern units available in TCs?

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
b2198

More middle eastern units available in TCs?

Post by b2198 »

Currently it's kinda hard to field a proper middle eastern army because the only unit they have in TCs is the beduin archer (and also because of arabic cavalry only being available in their cultural factory, but that's for my other topic).

Maybe adding arabic footman or arabic spearman to TCs could help with that?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
DreJaDe

Re: More middle eastern units available in TCs?

Post by DreJaDe »

kinda got the same problem with the Romans not gonna lie...

To be competitive early game in maps like 30x30 below, I really need a starting army that cannot be Romans which is essentially the merc army (most dominant early game). This was solved early on by having the Balearic slingers in tc back then but that is impossible now. My other solution now is to have their velites in tc which I think is ok since its neither redundant nor is OP

as per this topic... yeah it's a problem but its kinda redundant at the start to have a unit with the same initial stats as swordsman. An idea I think of is to allow it when they have at least one upgrade done but with the cost of ME techs... definitely not for early game same as my problem or the ME spearman indeed at the least
b2198

Re: More middle eastern units available in TCs?

Post by b2198 »

Maybe just making them require the ME factory would help into not having "redundant" units in the roster? That way you'd need to make the thing that makes them not redundant to be able to train them.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Unit balancing”