Additional Defenders should also affect Forts?

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
b2198

Additional Defenders should also affect Forts?

Post by b2198 »

I mean, forts are a lot more prevalent in early stalls than castles, due to not only being cheaper, but also way harder to destroy while they're being built, due to a way lower construction aff. (...btw I think it might be better in the future to separate construction aff. from the multiplier of damage to a building while they're being built, as that would allow for much easier control over the balancing of buildings, but I think that's besides the point) and also due to receiving almost negligible damage from fire. The changes specifically against them that Endru was working on are gonna help with their overall extreme tankyness against non-siege units, but I think this could also help delay their infantry-murdering power a bit more early on.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Additional Defenders should also affect Forts?

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i read twice but notz sure what is the exact suggestion :)

shall we change the the unit bonuses against forts?
or the construction affinity? or if it is in the damage calculation (is it in btw?)
or something about units inside ?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

b2198 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:44 am (...btw I think it might be better in the future to separate construction aff. from the multiplier of damage to a building while they're being built, as that would allow for much easier control over the balancing of buildings, but I think that's besides the point)
I support this.
Honestly i would really love to make a separate value for bonus damage against under construction building that will not depend directly on construction affinity.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:38 am i read twice but notz sure what is the exact suggestion :)

shall we change the the unit bonuses against forts?
or the construction affinity? or if it is in the damage calculation (is it in btw?)
or something about units inside ?
"Additional Defenders" is a new tech that came out in the last update. The one that makes megas get +1 action (and they got their base actions reduced from 3 to 2). The suggestion is simply to make the same changes affect forts too (making them start with 2 actions instead of 3 and after researching the tech go back to 3).

Edit: update, not upgrade lol
Last edited by b2198 on Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i see, that is ok for me, lets ask @Endru1241 opinion
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Perfectly reasonable.
I'll make changes.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”