Elephant and Turtle machine

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Jerzy1241

Elephant and Turtle machine

Post by Jerzy1241 »

The war elephant, especially the heavy one, and the turtle machine are too powerful and need to be weakened. The very idea of ​​abstraction of these units, especially the turtle machine, which would probably be more suitable for Age of Fantasy as well as both flying units, is controversial. Counter against elephants and turtles that would not be vulnerable to melee and ranged attacks at the same time. Elephant has 140 health and the ballista deals 10.
godOfKings

Re: Elephant and Turtle machine

Post by godOfKings »

Turtle machine: use swordsmen/ catapults/ towers etc.

War elephant: use conversion/ anti-mounted units etc.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
b2198

Post by b2198 »

War Elephant is extremely weak to conversion though, and a buffed svardstavier also almost one-shots them. There was the assassin issue against them too, but that one has been dealt with already, so conversion still remains the main factor that makes them simply not viable against any opponent that is aware of that.

Turtle machines though I agree that they're a bit too strong, but some buffed elite macemen/hatamotos/elite flailmen/elite axe throwers can also deal with them without that much trouble. Their main issue though is not the unit itself, but its availability due to mines, as Endru has pointed out already, which makes it waay less risky to spend those 8 turns doing nothing but producing one of them, because you wouldn't be actually waiting for 8 turns. Also I think their mend rate is a bit too high too, but I might not be considering the full scope of the situation for this point.

On flavor side of turtle machines, ornithopters and flying scouts... idk actually :sweat_smile:. I know they weren't actually used at those periods, and that only the ideas for making things like those existed, but I'm not sure if the game would be better with or without them...
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

What if we will give 1% bonus to trebuchets and catapults against elephants for a guaranteed hit?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lol elephant so slow its always a guaranteed hit, but compared to dmg of anti mounted units, using siege on elephants is a waste, unless its maxed cannon
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
b2198

Post by b2198 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:15 am Lol elephant so slow its always a guaranteed hit
Not with elephant run (also even without it there's a 30% chance for those to miss them), but...
godOfKings wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:15 am but compared to dmg of anti mounted units, using siege on elephants is a waste, unless its maxed cannon
I agree here.

Also again, elephants are actually really weak imho, they don't need any nerf unless the conversion issue is dealt with beforehand or alongside it.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But elephant run is one time use, its not permanent speed increase so base speed is still 2 and siege units still accurately hit them

I really like that no matter how op units like elephants and turtle machines are, no one would dare to directly send them forward without other appropriate units to support and protect them

b2198

Post by b2198 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:11 am But elephant run is one time use, its not permanent speed increase so base speed is still 2 and siege units still accurately hit them
But it still counts as having 4 speed until the start of their next turn, even if they moved after using (unlike Geass: Move, which stops increasing speed right after the unit moves).
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Really? Ok i need to check

Return to “Unit balancing”