Petardier nerf

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
b2198

Petardier nerf

Post by b2198 »

For how strong they've become after the last patch, I really think they should be pushed to only be available later in the game, because a wagon with 1 or 2 early on can just destroy an entire base worth of factories and towers by themselves with Explode Self.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Aral_Yaren

Re: Make Petardiers require gunpowder

Post by Aral_Yaren »

They are the most legit anti castle unit currently, yet one need at least 3 of them - equals 9 turn for ballistics and 3 more turn just for a treb.

But it's true such lethal unit must come in later game - at least after ballistics.

If they were to go after gunpowder, perhaps a little compensation should be considered.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
TheSenate-_-

Post by TheSenate-_- »

If they are to be roadblocked behind gunpowder I feel like they need a heavy buff. Maybe make their bombs better? 2 turns instead of 3? More armor? Like Aral said they need compensation for such a huge block
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

maybe adding a tech called early explosives to enable pregunpowder explosives? including petardier and maybe rocket or naphtha based units?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Re: Petardier nerf

Post by Endru1241 »

Allowed myself to change topic name.

Changed in the assets:
Added new tech Better Explosives, that increases ability power of [Explosive Ability] units by +5.
Petardier ability power 18->10.
Bonus from explosion vs megas +1000%->+1200%. Along with new tech total damage is similar vs megas, ~20% weaker vs other units.
Bonuses from petard: vs structures and siege +120%->+130%, vs fortifications +450%->+560%, vs megas +1400%->+1700%. Along with new tech total damage is similar vs megas and fortifications, ~15% weaker vs other structures, ~20% weaker vs other units.

Along with it Demolition ship final damage of self explode is stronger by ~20%.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Nice. That solves almost all but one of the problems I see with them: forts. They currently almost 2-shot a fully upgraded fort, wich I find too much for a cost of 4+6, so maybe their bonuses vs megas and fortifications could be increased a bit again and overall primary target damage slightly brought back, but overall area damage decreased?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

But their damage against forts went down.
From 339 to 280.
To lower it enough to need 4 sacrifices to destroy fort (without increasing bonus vs fortifications) it would have to go from *70% per tile to *53%.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”