ranged abilities techs

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
L4cus

ranged abilities techs

Post by L4cus »

there have been some chat about this: units with ranged abilities being worse than those purely ranged units, this because their ranged attack is not affected by blacksmith. this can be seen in 2 ways:
1. a balance matter: since thse units are more versatile than purely ranged units then a way to nerf them is that their abilities are not affected by blacksmith techs
2. a clear disadvantage: some late game units are included here, so late game full blacksmith is far superior then a hybrid unit not affeected by them

suggestions:
1. make secondaery techs that buff abilities
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Re: ranged abilities techs

Post by Endru1241 »

I already saw somewhere a suggestion of adding something like that.
But the problem is, that I'd need to split units with abilities once again to those having such ability as pure bonus and those depending on them.
The latter ones would probably need +2 to range and power.

Plus not sure if bundling them could be good or rather make 4 - one for each blacksmith ones, requiring them.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Re: ranged abilities techs

Post by L4cus »

I was thinkkg that just two for each pair of tech
Like + 1 range and +1 power in a single tech that adds both requiring both techs, then a second one for the tier 2 bs upgrades
I think this is far better because somewhat nerf the hybrid units...i understand u want to make them worse than no hybrid...or at a higher cost, so this kinda keeps them temporarily worse than nonhybrid who would get the upgrade faster
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Unit balancing”