Leaders only boost their own race?

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
phoenixffyrnig

Leaders only boost their own race?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Most faction leader units have a generic morale boost - I think it would help distinguish between factions if this morale boost only affected their own peeps and not others. I appreciate the "a leader is a leader" argument, but I feel a bit more distinction could be brought in to morale as a general concept. Atm we are limited to either plus or minus. There is more that could be gained from this I feel
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
DreJaDe

Re: Leaders only boost their own race?

Post by DreJaDe »

I kinda disagree.

I want leaders to have some specific boosts that aren't limited to their faction like the centurion. Who have specific roman boost and general boost altogether.

From reading some history, it seems that a mixed army that is allied through having the same goal is more common than what I initially thought and it would be nice if this could be true for the game too.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

I also kinda disagree, imo they should boost all soldiers, but those of their own faction get a stronger one, like Centurion, as Drejade said. Yeah, the morale mechanic could get expanded upon, but I don't think this would be a good way of doing that.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Fair enough - I was mainly putting forward this idea because morale boost is easily achievable by other means (and partly because I don't like unrealistic situations such as Centurion being able to boost his natural enemies the Celts, or Condottiero boosting the most loyal and un-merk-like holy orders, etc).

But yeah, I too would rather have specific faction boosts for leaders.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D

Return to “Unit balancing”