Hastati available in Barracks.

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
DreJaDe

Hastati available in Barracks.

Post by DreJaDe »

Seeing the current changes. Many buffs, nerfs, and availability of some units. I think it's already ok for the hastati to be in Barracks.

I can see it being on the same level as a swordsman with the stats not really losing in any way. But with the way I'm seeing it, hastati is only available at the roman barracks which really limits it's use.

Considering how hard it is to even promote 1 hastati and it's almost equal to swordsman (Balance wise), I think this is a good idea.
L4cus

Re: Hastati available in Barracks.

Post by L4cus »

hastati is pretty strong for a 2 turns unit...plus the chance of bcome stronger by itself...i also though about this and actually i was about to post something similar but then i realized how powerfull it is for a 2 turns unit...swordman, and many 3 turns units would become completly obsolete if this is done...(at least in the early game)
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

L4cus wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:08 pm hasta is pretty strong for a 2 turns unit...plus the chance of becoming stronger by itself...I also thought about this and I was about to post something similar but then I realized how powerful it is for a 2 turns unit...swordman and many 3 turns units would become completely obsolete if this is done...(at least in the early game)
TBH
I just can't see it that way.
Swordsman is like all away unit.

Hastati on the other hand most likely would work for an anti unit. Stats and balance-wise. Both of them are almost the same.

Hastati only deals more than 1 damage and would take 1 lesser damage than the swordsman.

The upgrades are almost equal.

The only thing I see why I think, hastati is at a disadvantage is that. Mass producing them is hard since they are only available in one not-so-cheap factory.

If we consider this, their advantage would be even less.(hastati)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Just noticed this but how come Celtic warriors are more available than hastati?

Shouldn't Celtic warriors at least be limited in built barracks?
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

i was just thinking but yeah, hastati in tc sounds good to me...i think basic units of every faction should be aviable in barracks/stable/archery instead of high quality units like spartan hoplite or praetorian...and only generic units in tc...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

And cause if a faction doesnt have basic units Trainable in the TC, what happens is the faction will be training more expensive units and itll be unbalanced since theyll be lacking of base units, the back bone of the army
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support

Return to “Unit balancing”