Ability for Druid to remove Geass effects

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Badnorth

Ability for Druid to remove Geass effects

Post by Badnorth »

I think this is needed for druid as we all know that his abilities can also be the cause of defeat lol. I sometimes click on the attack geass instead of movement or heal. Or sometimes used wrongly.

When you cast an Attack Geass on a unit that has already moved or there's no enemy to attack - It just stays there for 3 turns unless it get's to attack something. Adding Movement Geass on it would be useless. The best is to add Geass survive on the stuck unit for it to live a little more,

I think we need something that can clear these effects. I propose an ability for Druid to remove geass effects on a friendly or hostile celtic unit. That way, we can for example, remove Geass Survive on an enemy unit to kill it without hindrance, or remove the attack geass on a poor friendly unit that was stuck in the mud 3 turns. Name of the ability can be called "Clear Geass effects", or something like that :)

@Endru1241.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
godOfKings

Re: Ability for Druid to remove Geass effects

Post by godOfKings »

Even if the buff can b cancelled, i think the speed debuff of gaess atk should last current turn so wen enemy druid uses spell it can stop the celt unit for at least 1 turn
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Any ideas for more flavorful name for ability?
Consider that geass is strong social obligation, possibly affecting unit mentality, assuming strong enough belief.

As for move geass - if you surround unit - it's disabled for 3 turns, so it has some usage.
But it was indeed planned to be removing action for the same turn, but making it as such is a little harder - maybe I'll find some time to work on it.
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Hm.. I'm bad with naming. Maybe Clear Geass? Geass Cleanse? Remove Geass?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

While we're talking about it, can we stop Druids giving Geass on auto-attack? It's a kick in the nadgers to come take your turn and realise your crucial guy is out of action for three turns!

Maybe just tag the heal and promote loyalty abilities if possible
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I assigned higher priority for Geass:Move, so it will be casted instead.
Also added ability Miastaken Geass - that simply decreases all three geasses lasting by 8 turns, effectively removing them.
Only castable on units affected by at least one geass.
mickmackmike

DRUID's effects lock a unit from moving

Post by mickmackmike »

I doubt that this is what is supposed to happen as one of the the 3 boosts is "move"

But yes it locks a unit from being able to move until the effect is lost.

3M
----
3M - ( Mike M )
Endru1241

Re: DRUID's effects lock a unit from moving

Post by Endru1241 »

mickmackmike wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:23 pm I doubt that this is what is supposed to happen as one of the the 3 boosts is "move"

But yes it locks a unit from being able to move until the effect is lost.

3M
Merged.

BTW. It was supposed to lock moving - read the description:
Geass, geis, deis - a strong belive of celtic people, that some obligation or prohibition can be set upon them by supernatural beings. This one obligates to Attack.
Geass in AoS interpretation is some psychological/religious/social bound targeted at some unit, that in effect prohibits any other action, but Move/Attack/Survival priority.
It was also designed to be both buff and a potential debuff in specific situations.
mickmackmike

Post by mickmackmike »

Endru thx for merging.

I am playing a Celtic game to experiment the units but honestly a buff that stops a unit from moving seems to me to be completely nonsensical.
(Especially where it can be activated only at range 2 from druid especially, maybe if plus 8 range you could still move it forward then boost for attack in stationary position)
I've tried to muck around with druid for about 20 moves now and it seems like a waste if a unit that makes no sense to use.
Or am I missing something.
----
3M - ( Mike M )
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

There is also a topic about that just below in balancing subforum:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11399

Return to “Unit balancing”