TC to train Hastati and not legionary.

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
DreJaDe

TC to train Hastati and not legionary.

Post by DreJaDe »

I was playing a cultural type of game when i noticed this.

Hastati and Legionary should change position in TC.
(Or maybe both of them available in TC.)

Reasons.

---Legionary isn't available at the start of the game and needs upg which made it look like a spacial troop in need of special factory.

---The Roman factory limitations of Hastati makes Hastati seem impossible to be promoted than Legionary. It seems to be even more impossible to get to Triairii that it's faster to get a tech of Marian Reforms and just train legionary and Hastati for emergency which kinda defeats the purpose of their lore.

---There's a problem that it will look OP as Hastati is better equipped than normal swordsman but the fact that their upg is different still makes this not much of a problem. As games goes by, they can easily be outdone by other type of upgradeable troops.

---There's also the fact that Hastati has both the status of Medium and Heavy which makes it even more balance to do this.
Endru1241

Re: TC to train Hastati and not legionary.

Post by Endru1241 »

Legionary now is special troop.
It is available in TC only to increase it's availability once research is done.
It's good for the cost and unique in ability.

Hastati is even cheaper with stats quite ok at the start and becoming weaker as game goes on, so it is supposed to be left as cheap emergency troop once marian reforms are researched.
And as a risk tactic (if player manages to promote it it becomes more cost effective).

I plan archers rebalance (decreasing damage on end game), which should make all lighter infantry more usable.

Also currently promotion is not working good.
We will make it better with stratego, but it needs code changes.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”