Make Cats tougher IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
phoenixffyrnig

Make Cats tougher IMPLEMENTED

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Another siège unit that was (possibly) nerfed too much with the big siege overhaul last year.

For such an expensive unit, in particular Cats, but also Heavy Cats have feeble HP - perhaps a slight increase in HP to both models.
And in stand mode (to reflect the fact they would have been defended and/or shielded in real life when set up) a mêlée armour boost of 2 for Cat, 3 for Heavy Cat.

Open to negotiations, as always, but these are high cost units that are easily cut to ribbons by even the most basic of units. They have been relegated to support units, but even this role is easily countered by an axeman or a flanking cav manœuvre, or footmen in wagons before they have a chance to be set up.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
makazuwr32

Re: Make Cats tougher

Post by makazuwr32 »

Cats?

Heavy cats?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

:lol: It's Catapult. But Pheonix shortened it to "Cats". At first i was also confused.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Catapults :lol: lol

Yeah, i wonder, why catapult is so weak now. Just because its produced in TC than trbs and hwachas and ofc canoneers? Yep, they are fragile, but, atleast, the heavyier ones need a bit more rigidity.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 pm Cats?

Heavy cats?
Good one!
phoenixffyrnig wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:18 pm Another siège unit that was (possibly) nerfed too much with the big siege overhaul last year.

For such an expensive unit, in particular Cats, but also Heavy Cats have feeble HP - perhaps a slight increase in HP to both models.
And in stand mode (to reflect the fact they would have been defended and/or shielded in real life when set up) a mêlée armour boost of 2 for Cat, 3 for Heavy Cat.

Open to negotiations, as always, but these are high cost units that are easily cut to ribbons by even the most basic of units. They have been relegated to support units, but even this role is easily countered by an axeman or a flanking cav manœuvre, or footmen in wagons before they have a chance to be set up.
In regular moving mode - I am not sure it's needed, as on upgrade catapult already gets one of the biggest hp boosts in whole game.
But indeed standing mode could bring a little more defense.
To give some chance against weaker units at least.
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:42 pm
In regular moving mode - I am not sure it's needed
Agreed. To clarify, I meant stand mode should be more "protected", mobile deployed mode would benefit from being less fragile, especially the standard cat (it's more like a kitten atm :lol: ) - but I am fully accepting that the moving mode would almost by definition be weaker than when set up.

PS - Mak, you're a silly bogger! Good man :)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Ofc i knew that you meant catapults. Just wanted to joke with your abbreviation.
Morale — use correct abbreviations which will avoid confusion.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I went into hospital the other day for a check up. First the doctor brings in a Golden Labrador to do the write up, then he brings in a cat who gives me a quick assessment, and finally he handed me a bill for €600!

“What the heck is that for?“ I shouted
He replied "Lab report and CAT scan" :P
makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:15 pm Morale — use correct abbreviations which will avoid confusion.
... so what is the correct abbreviation of catapult then? ;)
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:27 pm ... so what is the correct abbreviation of catapult then?
I'd say cata as I recall it being used in some strategy games on chats.
Although I am not sure if it wasn't in polish.

Most commonly found abbreviation in google searches seems to be exactly CAT.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat if reduce bonus or base dmg of cannons so they cannot one shot cats? Also making bonus of axe throwers and gunners low enough with hp of cats high enough that cats will have to b 2 shotted, and heavy cats 3 shotted to b killed by a gunner or max upgraded axe thrower, not counting buff spell dmg increase

Also the previous suggestion that cannons and hwachas need to b unlighted to enter garrisons, so they can only b battle ready if they r already out in the open, and not do a sudden sneak atk by immediately leaving a high hp castle/ a far away transport ship/ wagon

Right now catapults r still slightly useful wen i m atking an enemy tc from behind mountain terrains while the enemy path is blocked by my siege tower
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Re: Make Cats tougher IMPLEMENTED

Post by Endru1241 »

Impelemented some changes:
Catapult in Stand Mode: HP 16/24->24/32, Packed: HP 16/24->12/18
Changed mend bonus to repair similar % of hp.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:42 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 pm Cats?

Heavy cats?
Good one!
phoenixffyrnig wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:18 pm Another siège unit that was (possibly) nerfed too much with the big siege overhaul last year.

In regular moving mode - I am not sure it's needed, as on upgrade catapult already gets one of the biggest hp boosts in whole game.
But indeed standing mode could bring a little more defense.
To give some chance against weaker units at least.
Nhaauu
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!

Return to “Unit balancing”