Mongolian Horse Archer 2nd tech IMPLEMETED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Aral_Yaren

Mongolian Horse Archer 2nd tech IMPLEMETED

Post by Aral_Yaren »

First off long before, Mongolian Horse Archer didn't benefit Master Archery lv. 2, considering how overpower they would become. Understandable.

Now I've got this in MP, then I tested it in ME: Mongolian Horse Archer benefits only from Master Archery lv. 2, that being said, they didn't benefit from Master Archery lv. 1.

They aren't the main unit in neither small nor medium map (needless to say large map). And now to add a little use for them, one has to wait 11 turns, just to get +1 atk and +1 range.

They have double atk? And so do Chukonu. Even more Slinger - both have considerably greater atk and damage after MArch lv. 2, plus both can be packed in siege tower. And lower turn cost of course.

6 speed? For a 4 turn unit, they equal 2 Skirmisher, which after MArch lv. 2 have no great issue to counter them.

And while most foot archers have more than 5 range after MArch lv. 2, Mongolian Horse Archer only get in 5 range, like Mounted Skirmisher (before 2nd tier upgrade). Yet Mounted Skirmisher may fare better, as they can tank pierce attack amd counter archer.

Their most identic counterpart, Horse Archer, also have 7 range after MArch lv. 2. And if their double atk among cavalry archer is the take, then it's only in midgame. After that, Mongolian Horse Archer slowly underused, if not obsolete compared to other foot ot cavalry archer.

I've heard rumour they would get next tier upgrade - that's good, but until it's ready, Mongolian Horse Archer should stay in benefit of MArch lv. 1. They are already underused unit. Please take it like before: only benefits MArch lv. 1.

Thanks.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
L4cus

Re: Mongolian Horse Archer Further Nerfed?

Post by L4cus »

looks like we will have steppe faction and uniq techs, so i think the unit can have better oportunities when the time comes.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Benefit of archery lv1 was too good on early game.
That's why I moved it to lv2.

And just like any unit with speed 6 - it's actually very good for large maps.

6 attack x2 is not very easily overcome though.
Those units, that archers are supposed to be effective against are still fragile against mongolian horse archer even at full tech.

But I agree with better ranged units being out there.
Although with a little different cocnlusion.
There are some other archers that needs a nerf (or more specifically - some needs more nerf than mongolian archer).
I am trying to plan it.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

The mongolian horseman is simply an improved mounted archer, troops of nations have their unique abilities, technologies and status, the mongolian horseman is one of my favorite troops say in passing, the troops have two variants, so to speak, pattern and nationalities, like this example of the archer on horseback and mongolian horseman, in addition to a balance would be good... anyway.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: Mongolian Horse Archer 2nd tech IMPLEMETED

Post by Endru1241 »

Along with general archer nerf - Mongolian Horse Archer got affected by all archer techs, so I am setting it as implemented.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”