Druid attack ability seems useless ANSWERED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
mkmunnabhai9

Druid attack ability seems useless ANSWERED

Post by mkmunnabhai9 »

Like if you apply attack. You can't move. It's ok till here. But for three turns is not ok. Unit just can't do anything for three turns.

And for move, if you apply it you can't do anything else for three turns rather than just move. We can still use it in large map near TC but definitely not on frontline.
Last edited by Badnorth on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Set to Answered
Badnorth

Re: Druid attack ability seems useless.

Post by Badnorth »

mkmunnabhai9 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:57 am Like if you apply attack. You can't move. It's ok till here. But for three turns is not ok. Unit just can't do anything for three turns.

And for move, if you apply it you can't do anything else for three turns rather than just move. We can still use it in large map near TC but definitely not on frontline.
How is the ability useless? Any of it useless? Like, every ability of Druid has it's use and benefits.

Attack Ability gives bonus attack but reduces all capability to move. You're just not using it right. Use the ability when the unit e.g. Celt or Gallowglass is in-front of their target. Not use it before it goes to their target. The Attack enchantment wears off after attack. After you attack using the enchanted unit, the effect will wear off.

Move Ability is also not useless. Definitely not useless. It gives bonus speed but loses all capability to attack. Use it when your unit moves. And i think you are wrong here. I haven't played aos for a while and i may have forgotten but the Move Ability casted on the unit wears off once the unit moves. Just move your unit and the effect will be gone.

Druid is one of the best support casters in the game, i don't think what you're saying is right.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
mkmunnabhai9

Post by mkmunnabhai9 »

I am still at 11th level. I don't know what is gallowglass. It seems i have offended you but i did not intend to do it. I just thought i will be helpful if more people feel that way. So i will see if i can use it in later games but till now i can only use ability other than attack . When i tried to use attack on one unit it got stuck at one place for three turns.and i had no other way to remove that effect.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

mkmunnabhai9 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:23 pm I am still at 11th level. I don't know what is gallowglass. It seems i have offended you but i did not intend to do it. I just thought i will be helpful if more people feel that way. So i will see if i can use it in later games but till now i can only use ability other than attack . When i tried to use attack on one unit it got stuck at one place for three turns.and i had no other way to remove that effect.
Ah, sorry then.

Gallowglass is a good unit to deal damage and to tank damage. It is affected by Blacksmith Buffs and Warpaint, and - Affected by Druid abilities. I'd recommend you to use it to mop up forces and structures. Place it inside a Siege tower and it can dominate almost everything in the battle field.

I also think it dealt a quite an overwhelming lot of damage to mega structures like Castles because of it's Splash attack. Use it to take down those with ease. But i think it was nerfed already in some patch. Not sure.

About Attack Geass, use it only when ur unit is in-front of the enemy. It won't be able to move while having that effect. Attack using the enchanted unit to remove the effect.

I think Druid should have an ability to remove such effects in-case that happens. Geass is also castable on enemy Celtic Units. Cast an Attack Geass on one charging gallowglass or something and it will have no movement for 3 turns unless it attacks something.
godOfKings

Re: Druid attack ability seems useless ANSWERED

Post by godOfKings »

Speed and shield buffs r more important, with shield buffs hwacha becomes completely useless, and physical armor is as good as 3rd tier foot knight

Spells actually cant b used on celts that r inside siege tower, so wat i do is keep a gallowglass infront and give it speed and shield buff, speed buff lasts 3 turns so next turn gallowglass can move fast to reach enemy, since druid has 2 actions, i give an atk buff for better dmg atkx then shield buff and it becomes difficult to kill gallowglass
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Badnorth

Re: Druid attack ability seems useless ANSWERED

Post by Badnorth »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:42 pm Spells actually cant b used on celts that r inside siege tower
I meant to speak about gallowglass separately than the druid spells, sorry. But i actually didn't know that because i haven't tested it yet so thanks for the info.

Return to “Unit balancing”