Cannon and hwacha lighted transformation

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

Cannon and hwacha lighted transformation

Post by godOfKings »

@Endru1241
I have seen in map editor the existence of unlighted cannon and hwacha which transforms to lighted version that can atk like normal, i think its still not completed, so here is my idea how this should work

The normal lighted version that can atk, its only drawback should b it cannot b carried anywhere, but it can move and atk with full dmg at the same time which is a big advantage over other siege units

Then it can use 1 action to transform into unlighted version which does not have any speed bonus and only advantage is it can b carried in buildings and transport,

So if the cannon/ hwacha is in wagon/ transport ship/ any building or tower, it cannot immediately atk after leaving but has to use 1 action to transform to lighted version b4 it can atk, so if r putting them in transports, we have to bring them out a bit farther behind the battle line, and then move normally from next turn while atking at the same time, the disadvantage is it will have to stay in the open and cannot just atk then escape in wagon instantly but have to use action just to get inside wagon to escape quickly, similar to how catapults have to escape, and if u want to keep using them to atk then u have to keep them in the open where it is risky, the only advantage over none gun powder sieges is they move with 2 speeds instead of 1 in atk mode, on the other hand as long as it is hidden safely, it is useless even after carrying unit is killed because it will stay in unlighted mode and needs an action to light it to atk

I think with these drawbacks for sieges, cavalry can finally b removed from entering wagons while still having the advantage over every land siege unit
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Re: Cannon and hwacha lighted transformation

Post by makazuwr32 »

I would add one more for them:
Add for them spec action "MOVEMENT_COST_ALL_ACTIONS".

So they can either attack or move, not both.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I dont think thats needed, just the fact they cant escape from chasing cavalry or useless inside buildings is enough, anymore disadvantage and it would b totally useless against towers (castles and cannon towers outrange cannons anyways), but without wagon advantage, defending cavalry wont b able to reach sieges wen they are just prepared to atk the enemy building, and next turn either siege atks building and gets atked by cavalry, or packs up and retreats again
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:56 pm I would add one more for them:
Add for them spec action "MOVEMENT_COST_ALL_ACTIONS".

So they can either attack or move, not both.
Point is right, but not really needed.
Both have 1 action and currently no way to increase it.

@godOfKings - unlighted is just a relict right now.
Originally there was no spec for disallowing attack from buildings and unlighted worked just like you described , only transformation was free action. But it lasted 1 update or so (maybe didn't even go into public version).
Movement cost action was added even later.

Right now I just wonder if we should add proper packed transformations for them (along with balista) to unify with the rest of siege or make all 3 carriable by wagon, but with movement cost action spec.

Unlighted can be somehow changed and used for map makers.

As for cavalry wagon usage - before disallowing it I planned to add new building - something like coaching inn. This, along with stables would have speed buff for horse mounted units.
Such inn would be buildable without limits just like chapel.
Just something to give better movement for mounted units on your own territory (provided some investment) and better possibility for ambush without wagon.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

hmm, this could b added, but wen i play multiplayer, i usually make a lot of stone roads near my tcs too, they not only help horses but also wagons and packed sieges to move faster, but an inn with aura would also b appreciated

anyways my above idea is basically unlighted version is the packed version, but unlike other packed sieges which are fast, these packed sieges are slow, but can b carried in wagon instead, that's the only difference,

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

This inn aura will be stackable with higher speed on roads.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:51 am This inn aura will be stackable with higher speed on roads.
Exactly.
It would be good movement boost for cavalry, that could give compensation for removing wagon access.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”