Some transformation not costing action

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

Some transformation not costing action

Post by godOfKings »

@Endru1241
I think some transformation spells should not cost any action, for example, transformation where unit is swapping weapons

Some units which i think can have this is persian immortal and ninja

Persian immortal should b able to transform without costing action so it can atk with appropriate weapon in the turn without sitting duck after transforming

So too ninja, i think except stealth, and basic form which gives 2 action, other transformation can b done without costing action, and only stealth and basic form will cost 1 action so after transforming to basic form, ninja will have only 1 action remaining on current turn like every other transformation and only get 2 action from the next turn
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Re: Some transformation not costing action

Post by Endru1241 »

I am not 100% sure AI would deal with 0 cost transforms properly, but we can try it for persian immortal.
If it works, then very needed for balance, gun abilities (because lacking miss chance) could be changed to 0 cost transforms.

As for ninja - I am not sure it would be balanced. It's a unit that have most versality along with being currently the only tc taker with mountain movement. I don't think it needs any boosts.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Re: Some transformation not costing action

Post by godOfKings »

there is ranger also, as for ninja, transforming really doesnt make sense to cost action, it should b wen ninja atks after transforming, like i move a stealth ninja near enemy, i transform to kusarigama and make the enemy stuck with spell, but thats it cause just transforming already costed an action so ninja cant atk now... thats not how transformation should b working. because it costs an action, ninja actually is not versatile, like it has to transform to the weapon i want and in the next turn it can approach enemy, by which enemy will atk first.... its basically same problem as persian immortal, like it wants to atk enemy in melee but transforming from range to melee already costed an action so now either enemy atks first or runs away and immortal will have to b ranged again to chase it, so the very advantage of versatility is ruined because of this action cost

actually sieges also face this same problem and many players complained about it too, but just the fact that the target of siege, the buildings r immobile and for this reason it is still balanced for siege to cost action for transforming between packed and siege mode

as i said, i dont mean all transformations for ninja, and only the 2 special weapons, kusarigama, and sai ninja, just these 2 transformations should cost 0 action, others can cost 1 action so ninja wont b different from ranger as it still costs 1 action to transform to stealth form, my suggestion basically gives all the advantages of versatility ninja should have without any extra or unfair advantage
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Unit balancing”