Enhance Petards IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Aral_Yaren

Enhance Petards IMPLEMENTED

Post by Aral_Yaren »

For a 3 turns unit, Petard is kinda weak, usage-wise. Compared to Trebs and Assassin as destruction tools, their damage is lower: need 4 Petards to get a Fort down, equals 9 turns, then we pomp them again. Using Trebs + Ballistic, we get 12 turns and attacking from 8-10 range to ensure their safety. Using Assassin, we only need 4 turn and it guarantees everything even castle, but sacrificing TC production.

I thought perhaps adding
1. their splash area and splash damage, or
2. add their speed +1, or
3. reduce their cost to 2, but i foresaw this might be too much (?)
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Enhance Petards

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 pm their splash area and splash damage, or
Already have 1 . But 1》2 ? This could be good on dealing with buildings and troops alike,
Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 pm add their speed +1
This is best and a necessity to make petard non underused.
Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 pm reduce their cost to 2, but i foresaw this might be too much (?)
And this , if taken along with or without 1) could be op enough to destroy the entire balance

So i think
Lower base dmg 15 》10
Speed 3 》 4
Power range (its is still useful with 1 but for the sake of and explosion type) 1》2 [ penalty 45% 20%]
Bonus 1000》1900 gates,walls
1500》2400 mega buildings
120》200 structures, siege machine,
250 % armoured siege machine
100》150 ships
300% great ships
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Another problem with petard (unless I'm mistaken) is he is only trained in Castle. What if he was trainable in siège workshops as well? Might see a bit more use then... maybe
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well i can't join it now cause the real petardier is a human unit carrying a short range mortar like siege with a few highly explosive tar seals and gunpowder shots . But the AoS petardier looks like a medieval dressed kid carrying a basket ball. Maybe need some rework to match the Sprite with concept.

Well, an efficient (even though suicide) unit like this will replace many high cost fragile sieges like n.cannoneer from siege workshop in case of quick actions whenever needed. Plus though it is gunpowder based, it currently doesn't need gunpowder researched. It might be a assault on early builder strategies.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Petardier is now trainable in siege workshop too.
It has gotten an ability with cooldown 2, which has 80% of his old damage, with weaker aoe.
Sacrifice is changed to have +1 range.

And btw. @Hyuhjhih - short range mortar is petard from more modern times.
What was presented in AoS is something like this:
So imo - somebody just drew a human with something representing explosives.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Re: Enhance Petards IMPLEMENTED

Post by godOfKings »

I do think instead of a basketball, its better to give a big mouth of a cannon on the kid's belly
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Re: Enhance Petards IMPLEMENTED

Post by Endru1241 »

Feel free.
I doubt anybody is especially attached to current image.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”