Loyalty: a curse or boon

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Loyalty: a curse or boon

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Loyalty is cost 7 and is researched at advancement center. It actually work really well from midgame till end game. It can avoid chances of higher tier units to be converted thereby make it lethal against ourselves.

But i have been noticing a few player using this as an effective counter to even the strongest units in vicinity.
A few healers or missionaries with some backup archers(/slingers more efficiently)can simply overwhelm a huge horde of opponent's main army by 3x conversion( most probably making the health reach 1) giving a last blow with archers. While this strategy is potential enough the average cost of this composition (3xhealers and an archer for the basic units) is much cheaper than the cost of opponent's units they can potentially rule over.

So imho the penalty after possible conversion while loyalty is researched should be changed to -50% of max hp.
ie, the least health should be half of the max hp, and if the current hp is less than or equal to half , the penalty is negated.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Endru1241

Re: Loyalty: a curse or boon

Post by Endru1241 »

Loyalty still is a huge bonus.
Without it you'd not only loose unit, but also enemy would get one.
I disagree with increasing it's effectiveness so much.
Maybe late game just needs another boost for mental resistance.
Like some techs. Maybe loyalty lv2, that could bring described effect (maybe to a lesser extent).

And even in current game - do not forget about promote loyalty for general boost and more specific dismiss propaganda, which can save high res unit.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Re: Loyalty: a curse or boon

Post by godOfKings »

A +45% percent s.res increase is quite good and it also lasts 5 turns, making it easier to stack, if enemy uses healers, u just need to use more healers on ur strong units, place them in towers to protect them from enemy archers
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Unit balancing”