Some ADDSPEC Ideas

Things that did not fit to the other parts
GingerSlice

Some ADDSPEC Ideas

Post by GingerSlice »

As a decent map creator, I like to use triggers in large numbers and bring some diversity to basic gameplay mechanics. "Execute Command" trigger is my favourite and it has a potential to be the best trigger, but there's only "IS_INATTACKABLE" command.

I came up with some ideas to improve this trigger and diverse campaigns a little.
  • "IS_FLYING" - Obviously, Object start fly. It can be helpful in some campaigns.
  • "IS_SAILING/WALKING" - Same ones but instead of being able to fly, unit get all advantages and disadvantages of sailing/walking.
  • "STEALTH" - Make unit stealthy (like spy or sniper). VERY helpful for sabotage/spy/stealth campaign maps.
  • "SEES_STEALTH" - Make every enemy's stealth unit visible for Object in its sight. Works just like Anti U-boat ships.
  • "CAN_OCCUPY" - Object can occupy TCs/AAs/ATs. May be helpful when you need some truck to capture a town.
  • "IS_INVISIBLE" - Make Object's sprite invisible. Oh, I want this one so badly. I struggle in some maps where I need to use invisible walls (for example: cliff that player dont need to climb). This would be like the manna from heaven.
Triggers is not the top priority right now, but this update would be very-very helpful for advanced map creators!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Some ADDSPEC Ideas

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good news you misunderstood the help text:
ADDSPEC Adds a spec unit action to Unit1/Area of units, usage: ADDSPEC:IS_INATTACKABLE
this not mean you can ONLY use IS_INATTACKABLE but you can use any of the specs, written here:

https://www.androidutils.com/forum/view ... 216&t=7627

Return to “Others”