Balance - fighter planes, AA guns IMPLEMENTED

Things that did not fit to the other parts
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Balance - fighter planes, AA guns IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I played quite a few games and i feel fighter planes are a little op. games that has water on it, or big enough, are getting a "fighterplane" war, spamming those planes and they can only be stopped ny other planes AA defense is not that fearful.

so my suggestion is
- about halving all fighter plane attacks against anything else then planes (so infantry, tanks and so on will receive very few damage from fighter planes)
- also i think spamming concrete AA guns is not that fun, so maybe a single concrete AA gun should be as powerul as one concrete AA now, so maybe giving them 2 actions maybe? this way we need to build less for an effective defense
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Balance - fighter planes, AA guns

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Make this true for all planes without inf bonus? This would help nerf the German seaplane, which machineguns would tear apart other planes rather than anything on the ground.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes can be fighters + seaplanes if u say those are op against ground, but i thought seaplanes are bomber like things so can have bonus against ground too - but maybe i am wrong.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Pby-5 definitely was capable of holding 2000lb worth of payload.

For Bv it is hard to tell it's intended function because they only came as prototypes.

Just make sure they all maintain original damage + bonuses for ships.
OLÉ
CorporalTrim

Post by CorporalTrim »

Agreed, Stratego. The fighters should be nerfed. Way too effective against ground targets. For a fighter unequipped with bombs, strafing should be of no more than nuisance value against armor, bunkers and cities. Nor should any air unit be able to attack an AA unit without incurring damage. As it stands now, I can first fly my fighters around the battlefield destroying all the AA guns in one shot, clearing the way to wipe out everything else with impunity.

Somewhat related to this topic, infantry shouldn't be able to repair flying aircraft. While I accept that this is a relatively simple, abstract sort of game without features like fuel & ammo consumption, healing planes is something that really should take place only in air bases.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Figure should have, like up to 5 attack really. Obviously we can increase the bonuses against other planes. Also a +1 for no infantry not to be able to repair planes. If that can be made while keeping the repairable in airports.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok than i go nerf them and give 2 attack to AA concrete ones.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Balance - fighter planes, AA guns IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok:
figthers got 1/3 power and +500% bonus aginst air instead of +100%
concrete AA (and normal artillery too) got 3 mend bonus on constructing (instead of 4), and they got sum 2 actions.

Return to “Others”