Vehicle stats/wrecks and Recovery Vehicles. ANSWERED

Things that did not fit to the other parts
Dagravian

Vehicle stats/wrecks and Recovery Vehicles. ANSWERED

Post by Dagravian »

I was reading about recovery vehicles and noticed that they where more common in combat than i ever would imagine... Tires/Tracks, suspension or engines broken, internal burnings... Or the tanks were stuck somewhere really weirdly like when falling from a cliff or sinking when attempting to cross a river... Things that were too much complex for the own crew to fix that forced them to wait for a recovery vehicle or leave the vehicle behind... So i was thinking that would be nice to have:

- Stats for vehicles like "engine broken", "weapons broken", "crew member killed"... To reduce their effectiveness.

- Vehicles can leave their hull after being knocked out of combat or after being left by the crew.

- Recovery vehicles to fix and bring back these broken tanks to the field.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Vehicle stats/wrecks and Recovery Vehicles. ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I try to keep the game (all games) simple, and this would complicate it as i feel.
the "wreck" part could be (like in AOF corpses) but we need to have some role of these wrecks.
Dagravian

Re: Vehicle stats/wrecks and Recovery Vehicles. ANSWERED

Post by Dagravian »

I don't think, would not be much different from the corpse and rise the death mechanic from aof adapted to reality, but unlike on aof, units can't ocuppy a tile if there is one broken tank on it, being a sort of wall, but it could be easilly destroyed (like 5/15 health depending on vehicle class) or recovered by one recovery vehicle.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Return to “Others”