Question about Triggers and units

Things that did not fit to the other parts
TntAttack

Question about Triggers and units

Post by TntAttack »

1. New Trigger for basic currency possible?
- One for player currency
- One for decrement when unit A is built
- One for showing total player currency
- Decrement of currency takes affect once turn is over, and if there is too much units you can't build, then the game random selects what you can afford to build. Much like going over the unit population limit.

2. Is possible to spawn objects with triggers?

Not convert, but spawn. E.g. spawn unit A. So far I haven't seen such triggers.

3. Possible to add units into transports with triggers?
E.g start map with aircraft carrier. Want to add planes inside beforehand.

4. New trigger for increasing carrier size possible?

E.g. bunker applied Trigger size 10.
You now have 10 units inside bunker.

5. New button triggers possible?
E.g. "Where you wish to go?"
Buttons below the text.
"Left"...... "Right".....

6. New Trigger "Switches" possible?

Switches... Might be useful

7. Trigger "change player teams" support neutral?

Currently Trigger "change player1 team x" only let's you choose player teams but not the neutral team...

8. New Trigger for random outputs?
E.g. Cond A is fulfilled
Eff Random 1
Eff random 2
Eff random 3

1,2,3 have a random change of triggering, but only one of them.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Question about Triggers and units

Post by Stratego (dev) »

1. currency: it would be nicer to have normal currency handling if we want similar making by any other would be awkward imho.
2. spawn: sure, waht object you thought of , please tell examples.
3. Possible to add units into transports with triggers: sure, we have many maps using that.
4. New trigger for increasing carrier size possible?: you mean carry capacity size? actually any tech can do it, but trigger not atm. if neded it can be made.
5. New button triggers possible?: atm no, but not even clear how should it work - how should it work?
6. New Trigger "Switches" possible?: what do u mean? please tell me examples on all new idea so i see clearly what you thought of -thanks!
7. Trigger "change player teams" support neutral?: i did not even know we have player team changin - so we have? but i am afraid you ment "change player" not "change team" which you mean?
8. New Trigger for random outputs?: please tell me example what you would set -thanks!
Harchie Hirondo

Re: Question about Triggers and units

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

1. This would add microprocessing into the game which might discourage players from playing it. We could maybe make it optional though.
2. That is possible using triggers, yes. Use Eff: Create ObjType at AreaXT to Player Nr1
3. It is already possible as Daniel has stated.
Use Eff: Change Obj position to AreaXY
Then set the AreaXY to the tile/coordinate where the transport/carrier unit is located.
---
7. I think that what he meant is the player. It is currently not possible, I think, to change a unit/s owner to a neutral one. I have tried doing this (e.g. setting PlayerNr1 to 0) to "neutralize" the unit/s and it the game doesn't recognize such player.

8. I'm not sure if this is what he meant but if I understand correctly, he basically wants effects or maybe even conditions to take effect/be activated randomly or by chance.
E.g. Condition A is fullfilled and there are 3 possible effects.
Any of the three effects should be randomly activated or it could also be determined by a chance of the effect or condition taking place.
Let's take for example, a condition is activated when Player1 occupies a certain TC of Player 2. There are three possible effects: (1) Player1 gains "reinforcements" or summons units that are of the same player elsewhere in the map; (2) Several of Player2's units would become under Player1's control; (3) Player1 receives a special technology.
If the condition is activated when Player1 occupies a certain TC of Player 2, any of the three possible effects should be activated by random or by a chance percentage.
The war is inevitable! But what if....

Return to “Others”