diving bomber

Things that did not fit to the other parts
Jasondunkel

diving bomber

Post by Jasondunkel »

I would like to separate the dive bombers from the actual fighter bombers. they should then get a special one against tanks and buildings, but they will be bad in the other areas.
DreJaDe

Re: diving bomber

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:59 pm I would like to separate the dive bombers from the actual fighter bombers. they should then get a special one against tanks and buildings, but they will be bad in the other areas.
Instead, why not just make a more unique effect?

Having different damages and special damages are just way too unimaginative. Dive bombers could like shut down the factory, without needing to completely destroy it. In fact, this could but much more inconvenient to the enemy.

Though some dive bombers were also used against ships. Some of the most effective ship sinking strategy of other nation is to use dive bombers instead of torpedo bombers.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

How about a diving bombing ability? Unless Drejade you meant something else by unique effect.

A diving bombing ability sounds right for making diver bombers unqiue but I guess the assumption is when every bomber torpedos a ship, its dive bombing right?

Or perhaps we can make a transform state for dive bombers, they lose much health and have about 5 movement however their diving bombing attack is stronger. And to make their ability useful, they should have 2 sets of 5 movement e.g. one to attack and other to retreat away.

Tldr: Dive bombing state weakens plane but gives them an opportunity to land a critical hit before retreating back.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:12 am A diving bombing ability sounds right for making diver bombers unqiue but I guess the assumption is when every bomber torpedos a ship, its dive bombing right?
Dive bombing and torpedo bombing are two different thing.

Dive bombing is on a literally dive (vertical) while torpedo bombing is dropping the torpedo while flying horizontally.
TntAttack wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:12 am Or perhaps we can make a transform state for dive bombers, they lose much health and have about 5 movement however their diving bombing attack is stronger. And to make their ability useful, they should have 2 sets of 5 movement e.g. one to attack and other to retreat away.
From some of what I read... Planes in their dive bombing run is usually almost impossible to hit due to how Fast they are.

And if they still have to transform... That just would take too much time.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

DreJaDe wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:33 am
TntAttack wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:12 am Or perhaps we can make a transform state for dive bombers, they lose much health and have about 5 movement however their diving bombing attack is stronger. And to make their ability useful, they should have 2 sets of 5 movement e.g. one to attack and other to retreat away.
From some of what I read... Planes in their dive bombing run is usually almost impossible to hit due to how Fast they are.

And if they still have to transform... That just would take too much time.
How about this then. Either
Transformation state
-Plane gains a lot of armour and damage bonus
-2 sets of small movement, to attack and leave
-Transformation doesn't count as action, but has a cooldown.

Or some ability but I can't think of anything that would work.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

I find your idea for the building very interesting and if it can be implemented I would be happy to do it. especially because they usually had so much bomb load at night and therefore could not destroy entire factories anyway. for the tanks i just like to increase the damage. since the dive bombers were very successful there.

as a matter of fact, the bombers already have an ability they have the fear effect which they then spread

I would want to reject the idea of transformation because it actually takes too long and if I remember correctly we always need a round for engineering reasons.

Return to “Others”