Query about stacking units together

Things that did not fit to the other parts
TntAttack

Query about stacking units together

Post by TntAttack »

I don't see this as something realistically possible to implement in the game, but I was just curious.

Is it possible for the engine (or you) to enable several of the same units together forming a platoon or division or fleet etc of there variant?

E.g. 3 infantryman together equals a division of rifleman with 100 health and 15 attack?

2 bombers together in a squadron to increase damage of attack?

Infantry, tanks, arty together to make a battalion or something.

Edit: Thought about it some more. We could incorporate officer and medics into a infantry group for extra speed, attack and regeneration.
DreJaDe

Re: Query about stacking units together

Post by DreJaDe »

Totally possible

There is already an ability in AOF where horse and Infantry could combine to be a ccavalry

One small problem to this is the unsuccessful attempt would eliminate one of the unit without combining them.

A big problem to this is the amount of unit that is needed to be added on game to show the more numerous version.

Well, if others type of unit can be added to another then a vast amount of unit is even more needed to do this.

Logic wise, I believe that a single infantry unit here is a squad (it's honestly even lower) and forming a bigger one usually needs three more.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

You are right. This was probably why my gut told me it wasn't possible to implement.

Although I was thinking anyways, what if (not sure how the game engine works for sprites) there was like a insignia symbol that the game engine can place over a certain sprite to depict a group of 3 of the same units.

So +1 sprite image.

For combination of different units I have no idea. That is quite the conundrum.
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

I don't think this would require any images, it could just be a simple max HP and attack boost instead of a entirely separate unit.
A master of puppetry and manipulation, working from the shadows.
Yeetbruh

Post by Yeetbruh »

Arent all units kinda stacked? I mean the units dont represent only what they show they already are like large groups
insert quote here

Return to “Others”