Weird random question from weird random guy about map editing stuff

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
Meh721

Weird random question from weird random guy about map editing stuff

Post by Meh721 »

This my first time ever asking random people online for advice so just please bear with me. But I can't find information anywhere about this, I can't seem to be able to create units in maps I've created. I've tried everything, and nothing... I've looked everywhere to find an answer... Still nothing. So could anyone help me please? :?
Midonik

Re: Weird random question from weird random guy about map editing stuff

Post by Midonik »

Um you see the button on the left side with a unit image on it? The list of units should appear after you click it. Um, maybe it appears but lacks all the units? That would mean you made a random map draft, instead of a skimirish one. Try making another one and make sure you select skimrish on the window that pops out.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Meh721

Post by Meh721 »

That's the first thing I tried, that didn't seem to work either. I mean I can place units just fine, but when I try creating them in the tank factory or the barracks in a game with that map it's all just blank, for both units and techs. Unless it's supposed to be like that... Actually, any map I play on the tank factory doesn't let me create anything rather than just develop the technologies, and once I do those nothing still pops up.
eafkcv

Post by eafkcv »

Did you set the nation/faction to the nation/faction the factories are from? If not they cannot produce units.
Meh721

Post by Meh721 »

Welp... I knew I was missing something super simple... Thanks for the help! Even if it's something I should've known from the start lol

Return to “Map & campaign designs”