Air-ground missiles ANSWERED

Here talk about technologies that can be invented.
IMPORTANT!: Every tech type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new tech idea than open a new topic for it!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Air-ground missiles ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i made these too.
an gave some planes that had missiles already.

Q1:
but i am not sure which planes should i give them
- only very few as we have AA missiles, practically to same planes
- we need too look up all planes in Wiki and if they had missiles give them both.
- or how?

Q2:
Also what damage should it inflict to what units? now it is fixed -16hp, but we could use bonuses an such.

Q3:
I thoudg of giving all (AA and air-ground) missiles a cooldown 2 - what do u think?

thanks!
DreJaDe

Re: Air-ground missiles

Post by DreJaDe »

No air to ground missile pls.

This is already an AIR superiority game. I think anymore is enough.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is in already.
also i want everything that was used that time (eg. ground rockets).
we can only make restrictions on its effectiveness by / power/ cooldown or any nerfing technique

also i somewhat disagree on AIR superiority - currently AIR became (i think too much) weak in last updates, too easy to get rid of planes, dont forget you can not mend them anymore with engineers either.
also wasn't you strongly requesting more planes to eg. US ? - lol :)
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

As far as I know, there were not really good ground air missiles, they were still exploring. But I would have to read in there first.
But I do not need it
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

No I was not the one who wants more planes for US, maybe your misunderstanding something or your mistaking me for someone. anyway...

Though since it's already there then why not but here's my thoughts

Air to ground doesn't really have meaning. I thought that is why there's Corsair and bombers in game.

No, aircrafts are still as good as it is. I like the last buff of ships though. They made the ships more useful and make harder for planes to pass through a barricade of ships unlike the nerf where they're useless again.

Making the engineers not able to fix aircraft is somewhat not good for maybe just reduce the amount of repair but not repairable at all is not okay. If talking in reality British also use their grassland for landing and takeoff so they could take of many planes at once.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

planes are repairable in airports/carriers.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

F4U corsairs aren't even air to ground. They were navy planes used to dogfight Japanese aircraft. A-36 and A-20 Havoc are better examples as they were ground attack aircraft. Although, A-36 was a variant of P-51 Mustang, I believe it was modified for dive bombing. The A-20 can load rockets and bombs.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

corsair is called: Carrier-based fighter-bomber based on Wiki
but we can make a only figter version as we made for FW190.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:51 pm F4U corsairs aren't even air to ground. They were navy planes used to dogfight Japanese aircraft. A-36 and A-20 Havoc are better examples as they were ground attack aircraft. Although, A-36 was a variant of P-51 Mustang, I believe it was modified for dive bombing. The A-20 can load rockets and bombs.
Oh pls don't delve into the removal of bomber fighter mechanic in game. This is really one of the best in game mechanic that we like. I was just going to discuss it but if it give a hint then it's over for me.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

So what I take from this wiki report is that although it was the air raids, they were not really effective yet. And the air-to-air missiles were only successfully used by the Germans because the Germans were able to shoot groups in such large aircraft, and additionally because the me 262 with their high speed could get as close to the enemy and escape again.
So we can let the air ground rockets away
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i would like to keep them.

i originally set it to have low damage (-16) because of its inaccuracy and i also gave them 2 turns cooldown.

Air-air: they were effectiev against low maneuverability strategic bombers, that is why they can only target the "heavy" bombers in game
Hornythopt3r

Post by Hornythopt3r »

Messerschmitts 109s should be able to use Air to Ground missiles, right? Which I don't seem to be able to use. They remain unchooseable in the game, says something like "technology not invented" or something like that when I try to activate them during a mission. I have "bought" the Air-to-Ground Missile upgrade, although there is a requirement for them: sergeant and I have no idea how or where to achieve ranks in single player campaigns.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you need to invent them at airports - inventing the tech itself.
Hornythopt3r

Re: Air-ground missiles ANSWERED

Post by Hornythopt3r »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:56 pm you need to invent them at airports - inventing the tech itself.
So that is the reason I can't use them in the Northern Campaign, Mission 3: Vaerlose Airfield
NurKaiser

Post by NurKaiser »

Lol. I think there should one more type of missiles : air to SEA.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

that is the air to ground, isnt it?
or is there a difference?
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:44 pm i would like to keep them.

i originally set it to have low damage (-16) because of its inaccuracy and i also gave them 2 turns cooldown.

Air-air: they were effectiev against low maneuverability strategic bombers, that is why they can only target the "heavy" bombers in game
If the air-to-air missiles should only be for the bombers, why do these missiles also work for the fighter-bombers?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

should not they be used against them?
NurKaiser

Post by NurKaiser »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:41 pm that is the air to ground, isnt it?
or is there a difference?
But why I can't use air-ground missiles for ships?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

maybe we should - @Jasondunkel any ideas?
NurKaiser

Post by NurKaiser »

What if we make ground to air missiles? (Rheintochter)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheintochter
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sure, but please make a new topic for it (this is the air-ground topic)
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 am maybe we should - @Jasondunkel any ideas?
the Germans had an air-to-ground missile specially designed to combat ships, named R-K Fritz x. Official name PC 1400 x
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_X
This rocket has been used quite successfully. However, it was used by aircraft that are not yet in the game. They were airplane bombers, not interceptors or fighter-bombers
. So the idea could be that the fritz x must also be specially developed, and then given to the aircraft bombers and the seaplanes (Japan does not yet have seaplanes)
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

NurKaiser wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:27 am What if we make ground to air missiles? (Rheintochter)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheintochter
Here is an assessment of the effectiveness of this rocket.
"From the experience with the two-stage missile" Rhine daughter ", the four-stage long-range missile" Rheinbote "was developed in 1943/44, which was put into war use in November 1944 and was fired at about 220 units against Antwerp. The first two stages fell burned to the ground within 10 km of the launch site, while the third and fourth stages remained Connected to each other, even if this undermined the advantages of the multi-stage system, this measure was chosen to increase the mass of the target, and the head with the explosive charge only weighed 40 kg in total Increase weight to 140 kg If this missile with 220 km range also a successful solution r long-range missile, it remained without any benefit, because the explosive charge of 20 kg was far too low. "
Read on: http://www.luftarchiv.de/index.htm?/flu ... /me109.htm

From my point of view, it is useless or only with minimal damage

Return to “Technologies”