Japanese kamikaze bombers

Here talk about technologies that can be invented.
IMPORTANT!: Every tech type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new tech idea than open a new topic for it!
poeticquestion

Japanese kamikaze bombers

Post by poeticquestion »

Is it possible to research a tech that lets jap air units to deal huge damage or destroy a unit? (just like the AOS Assassin) Japs encouraged their bushido code: "loyalty and honor before death" and believed that death before capture and shame was their way of life. Even if these attacks weren't successful, The ships that did get hit suffered greatly and we're often put out of commission or were destroyed.

Possibly add a RnG factor to the kamikaze tech and have chance to fully destroy buildings or deal minimal damage to it. Just an idea. Thoughts?
Expectations ruin relationships...
RiverRaider 1097

Re: Japanese kamikaze bombers

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

Totally agree but I think this option should come into play when japan gets below a certain level in tc or production level of some kind instead of starting with them what do you think?
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Actually, kamikaze tactics were employed by all airmen (when a plane is downed they would try to aim for something for the plane to hit before bailing). But the Japanese trained their Air Force to deal this damage as a primary weapon later in the war.

Will there be an option to "shoot" the plane down?
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Another thought: should they be cheaper than other planes (like zeroes) or the same price?
Thanks!
Josh
Ness

Post by Ness »

Kamikaze tech

unlocks kamikaze zero that cost as much as normal zero but is slower and can do kamikaze attack

do you like?
Jqwan

Post by Jqwan »

I think it's a good idea
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

This might just be done simply as an ability all Japanese planes get after researching it. Sacrifice the plane to deal 3x normal damage to the target. It takes the rng out of it, making it boil down to strategy. The entire point of the game.
The glorious sun rises again
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

It can be used as spam, make it so the skill is usable in certain hp (20% - 30% hp left). I don't want jerk using Japanese bombers as a heavy spam attack.
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Sunrise Samurai

By the end of the war, what do you think the Japanese did? Kamikaze strikes *were* spammed, and there were a few high ranking Japanese officers who mentioned it was a bad idea, actually hurting the war effort because these were planes and pilots that weren't ever coming home. Of course, nobody listened, so it became the very icon of the Japanese air force of the time.

In game terms, spamming this would drastically reduced your available troops. It's like assassin spamming in AoS. Effective, but often only giving at best a fair trade when your opponent catches on.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:By the end of the war, what do you think the Japanese did? Kamikaze strikes *were* spammed, and there were a few high ranking Japanese officers who mentioned it was a bad idea, actually hurting the war effort because these were planes and pilots that weren't ever coming home. Of course, nobody listened, so it became the very icon of the Japanese air force of the time.

In game terms, spamming this would drastically reduced your available troops. It's like assassin spamming in AoS. Effective, but often only giving at best a fair trade when your opponent catches on.
Oh well, i think the reason is good enough. Then make it that the skill is having bonus against tanks and planes (dunno about infantry).
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Kamikaze difinetly did not work good against infantry units, you should see my idea for it under the Japanese campaign where you requested Japanese units. Plus you could see that wasting an airplane to destroy infantry is going to be expensive.
OLÉ
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

And pretty much useless
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Sunrise Samurai

Oh very much useless. Historically​ speaking, this was more or less a mistake of epic proportions. A few of these strikes did some real damage, both material​ and psychological, but in mass quantities this was a waste of both planes and pilots. It was somewhat effective against ships, and I could see some use against buildings, and for in game balancing it could​ maybe work as an assassin skill against those, but this is taking it out of historical context mostly because of the dramatic flair associated with it.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Some ships shouldn't go down by a single plane. You should check the Japanese campaign topic to see how me and another fellow forumer came up with the damage system.
OLÉ
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Ground Kamikaze.
Attachments
Kamikaze.png
Kamikaze.png (1.32 KiB) Viewed 5398 times
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

make another topic about ground ones
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.

Return to “Technologies”