Subterfuge

Here talk about technologies that can be invented.
IMPORTANT!: Every tech type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new tech idea than open a new topic for it!
Dahdee

Subterfuge

Post by Dahdee »

Create dummy motorized units, such as the ones deployed by the Allies during Operation Fortitude, to confuse your enemy of your intentions and troop strength. Allow visually identical, false motorized units to be created and deployed, which cannot move once deployed. No defense, no offense for the units. Use same mechanic as mines, so they disappear, but without harm, upon being attacked at range or when an enemy unit moves into an adjacent tile. Allow them to be made in half time as real unit to avoid spam. The dummy units should not block aircraft.
Belfry777

Re: Subterfuge

Post by Belfry777 »

Hi there,

I love the idea of deception. The problem is that it would double the amount of units a player could build, meaning more time spent scrolling for the units that we actually want. I submit two propositions,
First, this should be a Tech.
Two, instead of being able to produce every single fake unit, we should be able to simply make a batch of 2 or 3 units at a time (like the roman axillary in AOS). For balance purposes, the cost should be high, say 5 or 7 turns so that a player doesn't simply resign when he sees the whole world coming at him (if you know what I mean). The scout also should be able to decern these fake units.

Great idea,
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

You're absolutely correct. I thought about it after I posted it and I was thinking this will just end up being spam. What you said about making it a single thing fixes that. And yes, I imagined it as something you'd absolutely have to research first.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

And the idea that it is not guaranteed to work would also be essential for balance. There needs to be a chance given to the other side to discover it's a fake.

Return to “Technologies”