Medics and Medic Tents

Here talk about units and structures.
IMPORTANT!: Every unit type and structure type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new unit idea than open a new topic for it!
TntAttack

Medics and Medic Tents

Post by TntAttack »

I saw that new commander Jeeps that gave tanks a bonus. Brought a smile to my face.

Anyhow, if a jeep commandeered by a commander could have an aura of 4 range, is it too much of a stretch to give medic tents and medics one of their own?

Medic Tents

Idea 1: Tents have an aura of 3, boosts nearby building's healing rate.

Idea 2: Anyone infantry deaths nearby tent (3 tiles, similar to the first idea) will spawn in same infantry on 5 health. Max spawn per tent is 2.

E.g. 3 infantry units guarding barracks and tent. Barracks is destroyed by artillery fire, and 2 infantry died. Two same infantry types spawn in the Medic tent on 5 health. All abilities on cooldown.

Medics

Idea 1: Infantry 2 tiles away from Medic gets 5 plus armour and 10 health healed every turn.

E.g. Smg unit near Medic. Has plus 5 armour. Gets damaged and is low. When the player ends his turn, the automatically all units within the medics 2 range are healed by 10 health.

(Maybe 10 is too much, as you can stack medics)

Any other idea guys? Sorry for making the dev overwork. Much appreciated for what you have done.
DreJaDe

Re: Medics and Medic Tents

Post by DreJaDe »

We could use the same logic as AOS and apply heal range as the capability of the unit to move around and heal people. This way, we could make the medic tent have a higher heal range.

Idea 2 is kinda impossible and I kinda disagree. This is kinda OP and can make the game a slug fest.

Medics.
Idea 1.
I don't agree with giving armor. For me it should.only be caused by generals and cover instead of healers.

I think what would make them more useful is to make them a 3 turn unit and to just add an aura of heal to them.

Like +5HP within 2-3 range.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

I had asked about ranged healing before but someone said that was unrealistic as this wasn't AoS where there was magic.

But honestly, I like to see medic tents have an impact on its surroundings, particularly structures as that's my impression what medic tents ought to do.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think eg. range 2 healing is not so unreaslitic, as (invisible) medics can run out to heal a little imho.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

It might have been unrealistic because there wasn't a proper justification.

But here's the deal, this is like laws. There can be interpretation.
Since it wasn't clear, we can just say that the healing radius represents that the medic tents sent medics to heal the people.

Om medics having range, we could just say that it is the range that which medics can operate. 2-6km of operation aren't that far.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i ment medic tents though, not medics.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:56 pm i ment medic tents though, not medics.
No no, that's what my own interpretation.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Okay, how about this?

Medic tents:
-Healing aura , 10 health is recovered for all infantry units nearby the 3 tile range.
-Barracks spawn units with plus 5 Max health (is this possible? If not drop it)

Medic:
-Healing ability, heals for 20 health.
-First Aid Aura: units nearby gets plus 3/2 armour that is stackable with officer aura.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

10hp heal is too much in case my suggestion about infantry changes gets approved.

Though 10Hp currently is also too much with that much range considering you only need 2 engineer. But im okay if it have only 2 range.

The plus is a no go for me. A better one is an upgrade to infantry. A rebalance for rifleman stats perhaps...

Medic
Im okay with 20HP heal. Though also only 1-2 range heal.
First aid aura is a no. I still think only leader units should give +armor except natural or buildings.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

-Barracks spawn units with plus 5 Max health (is this possible? If not drop it)
i think it is not possible
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Let's continue this topic.

Medic tents increases nearby building heal rate similar to how the heal rate of towns increases as you put more medics inside.

Medics have new ability, for reference, just copy the Roman physician in AoS as I don't remember the exact details.

Return to “Units & Structures (See Nations for accepted Unit nations)”