Some german war machines that were infamous

Here talk about units and structures.
IMPORTANT!: Every unit type and structure type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new unit idea than open a new topic for it!
Blitz678

Some german war machines that were infamous

Post by Blitz678 »

Ok so first off YOUR GAME IS THE BEST PHONE GAME IVE EVER GOTTEN ON MY PHONE!!!!! LOVE IT! THERE ARE SO MANY UNITS!!!! ITS AMAZING

sorry lol but anyways I've been thinking that some of Germany's greatest war machines during world war 2 haven't been in your game tho and they definitely should here are my ideas :)

1. Heinkel He 111 Medium Bomber
Unit: Air
Soooo this bomber served throughout the war and was the most well known german bomber in the luftwaffe besides the stoke.

2. The infamous Gustav Cannon
Unit: Railroad cannon
The Gustav k-5 gun was and still is the biggest artillery cannon ever made in history. Used on the eastern front a couple times it never saw much action but a lot of people knew about it and even hitler himself was fascinated in it.

3. Waffen SS
Unit: Infantry or elite infantry
Soooo the SS infantry were pure evil but also very elite and specially trained. They were seen on every front of the war usually during the final few months of the war, equipped with STG-44 Assault Rifles and panzerfausts.

4. The sdkfz 234
Unit: armoured car
It was used by various german armies for urban combat and would be nice seen in the game :) there are two versions and I dont know what their called I know that one has a large gun at the front but the first one had a short stubby semi automatic gun that could fire about 10 rounds per 20 seconds

5. H- class battleship
This battleship would of been one of the largest ships ever seen in world war 2. Basically it was the bismarck...but more powerful and more guns. None ever roled out of the production line due to low resources.

6. Messerschmitt Me 163 komet
Unit: rocket interceptor
I really dont have to explain this cause alot of people know what it is lol. Basically few were made and it was a short rocket propelled interceptor.

Pleeeeeeaaaaseeee add these iconic german units to the game :))
Jasondunkel

Re: Some german war machines that were infamous

Post by Jasondunkel »

The puma and the heinkel he 111 should come into play soon.
the gustav gun is that we don't have any rails and as long as that's not there, we can't do it. and as you said, it was used very little and was very inaccurate. so we're still undecided whether we want to include this gun at all.

the comet was just a 15 minute aircraft. it wouldn't be effective in its range of movement.

further battleships for the germans are not planned at the moment, but we can keep that in mind.

if we introduce the weapons ss for the other nations but also have elite units. so maybe that could happen at a later time then.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I think the subforum went wrong, ain't it meant for AOWW, well surprise , this is AOS suggestions.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Harchie Hirondo

Post by Harchie Hirondo »

Mhmm yeah, the user seems to be a new one. So I think that explains it. Should we call @Stratego (dev) to move this topic to the AoWW forums?
The war is inevitable! But what if....
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

From what I've seen, the SS actually weren't better at anything than the Heer (German army), except for committing atrocities. So, I don't think they fit well as elite units in the historical context.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Moved.
Age of Strategy design leader
Enzoci

Post by Enzoci »

Another one I'd love to see implemented is the Dickers Max (10.5 cm K gepanzerte Selbstfahrlafette), the predecessor of the Sturer Emil. It has little armor and is slow, but its gun is a beast. I even tried to draw a little sprite for it!
Hey there, i'm Enzoci, also known as Sigma Draconis.
Yeetbruh

Post by Yeetbruh »

Shark guy 35 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:40 am From what I've seen, the SS actually weren't better at anything than the Heer (German army), except for committing atrocities. So, I don't think they fit well as elite units in the historical context.
I mean, some were not, but they actually did designate special units with it
insert quote here
Yeetbruh

Post by Yeetbruh »

Kind of a sensitive topic though
insert quote here
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Enzoci wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:53 am Another one I'd love to see implemented is the Dickers Max (10.5 cm K gepanzerte Selbstfahrlafette), the predecessor of the Sturer Emil. It has little armor and is slow, but its gun is a beast. I even tried to draw a little sprite for it!
i see here an image is that good enought ot put in? @Jasondunkel, @Vinz91 ?
Vinz91

Post by Vinz91 »

I don't have enough experience to assess but it looks good to me and whenever we can still change it if necessary in the future

Return to “Units & Structures (See Nations for accepted Unit nations)”